Chapter 125 - And The Oscar Goes To...

Nick's P.O.V:
I pull on my shirt quickly before I pull up my sweats and grab my nikes as I rush out at the bedroom to find my wife walking towards the door as she zips up her jacket.

"Olivia. Wait baby." I say as I reach for my keys.

"Nick. I'm late." She states as she walks towards me and kisses me before she rushes back towards the door. "I'll see you tonight. I really can't bother to cook so we'll just order pizza." She adds.

"Let me drop you off to work." I say as I grab my car keys.

"I can walk it." She rolls her eyes. "It's only fifteen minutes away." She adds, making me shake my head as I walk past her and pull open the door for her.

There is no way i'm letting her go out on her own.

"I'll take you." I state as she walks past me before I close the door behind us. I wrap my hand around hers and walk towards the elevator.

"I go walking or drive myself to work all the time." She tells me, making me sigh. Why can't she just let me take her to work without asking questions.

"I know." I say as the elevator takes us down.

"So why do you want to drive me to work today?" She asks."You haven't before. In fact, you have never taken me to work once." She adds.

"I just want to take you today." I shrug as I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her next to me. "You look beautiful today." I tell her.

Maybe that will stop her from asking all these questions.

"Okay. Somethings up." She says before she pushes me away.

"Nothing is up." I shrug.

"Nicklaus." She tuts as the elevator doors slide open, revealing the busy lobby that's full off people who are getting ready to leave their home to get to school or work.

"Baby, I just want to drive you. We never spend time together." I state.

"And the only reason you're dropping me off to work is because we don't get to spend time together?" She says as she raises her brow.

"Yes." I nod.

No.

"Come on then. I'm going to be late." She says and lets out a sigh before she wraps her arm around me before we walk towards the glass doors and towards my car.

I lied. I'm a lawyer, I lie all the damn time! Being a lawyer actually helps you improve on lying and making people think that you're not lying when you are.

Yeah...That's something to be proud of Nick!

But this time I lied for a good reason. I want to protect my wife, who I wish wasn't my wife but right now I don't care since we don't see eachother much anyway. We're both always busy with work.

The reason i'm driving her to work and not laying in bed with a nice cup of coffee in this freezing weather is because I want to protect her and stop her from being a target.

If I do anything against the contract, which I am going to do, and if Leroy and Paul find out then they will hurt my wife first to teach me a lesson before they hurt me.

Another reason why I need to sort out the divorce papers.

***

I park my car and kill of the engine before I throw my head back and let out a sigh. I haven't felt relaxed and at peace for what feels like years. I come to Marshall's place everyday just to check up on them.