Chapter 54 - It's Official

Tessa's P.O.V:
I pace up and down in my room as a millon thoughts run through my head. DeShaun left a couple of hours ago and I was still waiting for Marshall to come home. 

I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell Marshall that I feel the same about him too. DeShaun's right, life is too short for me to be taking such small steps. 

It's been a year since I got divorced but usually people don't start to date until it's been over a year. But Marcus and I talked everything out. We both moved on, so that means I should start dating again, right?

I stop in my tracks when I hear Marshall talking on the phone. I push my hair back as my heart starts to beat twice as fast. I walk towards the door as Marshall closes his own. 

"Come on. You can do this." I mumble to myself as I pull open the door and walk out. 

I make my way towards Marshall's bedroom and knock on his door. I fiddle with my necklace that's hanging around my neck as I listen out for Marshall. 

"It's open!" Marshall shouts. I let out one final breath before I place my hand down on the handle and push it open. 

My eyes scan the lit room as I step inside nervously. I close the door behind me as I look around for Marshall. He finally walk out of his closet, dressed for bed. 

"What's up?" Marshall asks as he takes of his chain from around his neck and walks towards his bed. I hate how he's acting like everything is normal. 

"Can we talk?" I ask quietly. Marshall doesn't say anything as he places the chain down on his bedside table and walk's towards the windows to close the curtins. 

"I'm kinda tired, Tessa. I've been up since 6am." He says as I lean against the door. "It's 12am and I have to be up early tomorrow." He adds with his back still turned towards me. 

"Please can we just talk." I say but he ignores me and keeps his back towards me as he looks out at the window. Marshall finally looks up at me but doesn't utter a word and walks towards his bed. "It's been four days since you last had a full conversation with me and the silence is killing me so please just say something." I sigh as I make my way towards him and stop at the end of the bed as he stands next his bedside table. 

"There's nothing to talk about." He shrugs. "Proof convinced me to tell you how I feel for you and me being the idiot I am, I listened to him and I did just that and you...You stood there...You just froze and didn't say one damn thing." He says. 

"I was in shock." I state. 

"It doesn't matter anymore. It's all clear to me. I've got my answer." He shrugs lightly. I watch him as he tries to take the chain that Hailie had gifted him off from his wrist. 

"Can you let me talk." I sigh. 

"Go ahead. I know what you're going to say anyway." He shrugs. "You're going to say how you can't be with me. How the contract won't let us." He says as he sits down on the bed.

"Tha-" I start but stop talking as he carries on. 

"You're going to tell me how i'm not your 'type' and that we're nothing alike which is true in a way." He shrugs as he tries to take the chain off and sits down on his bed.

"Will you let me talk." I sigh. 

"You're going to tell me how i'm not like Marcus-" He carries on before I cut in. 

"Will you go out with me?" I ask. Marshall quickly looks up at me.

"What?" He asks in confusion. I walk towards Marshall and kneal down before him and take his wrist. Marshall looks down at me as I help him take of his chain.