Chapter 52 - Drunk Mess

Marshall's P.O.V:
"What's got you smiling like an idiot?" I turn my face towards the door to find Proof walking in.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mumble as I close my notebook and drop it on the mixing board.

I hear Proof close the door behind himself before he walks further into the room. He picks up the gift box making me turn around to take it off him but he quickly takes a step back.

"What's this?" Proof asking.

"It's nothing." I clear my throat and reach for it but he quickly take a step back again and holds the box away from me.

"To Marshall. Happy Birthday. From Tessa." He read the small tag on it. "Oh shes getting you a gifts now?" Proof wiggles his eyesbrow.

"Man, get the fuck out of here and give it back." I chuckle. Proof ignores me and drops down on the couch before stretches his feet on the coffee table.

"I'm suprised it doesn't say love from Tessa...Oh yeah, she's your fuck buddy.." He laughs.

"She ain't no fuck buddy." I turn away from Proof and open up my lyrics book and scribble down a lyric that just came to my head.

"Well she ain't no girlfriend, fiancé or wife." Proof shrugs.

It goes quiet between us as I scribble down a few lyrics. The silence is killing me! I move back on the wheely chair and take out a Nas cd before I slide it in and blast it around the room.

"Yo!" Proof shoots up.

"What?" I quickly turn to him and watch him stand up.

"She got you a fucking golden Rolex with dimonds in it?" Proof says as he drops the box and takes out the Rolex.

"I tried to give it back to her but she wouldn't take it." I explain as I lean back into the seat and watch him try it on.

"Fuck this, I wanna sign a contract with Tessa Black. Wanna trade places?" Proof says making me laugh. "No wonder your smiling like an idiot." He mumbles. 

I ignore Proof as I lean back into my seat and scribble in my notebook as Proof admires the Rolex that Tessa got me. After a few seconds, Proof places it back in the box before he places it on the coffee table. 

"So, where is Tessa now?" Proof asks. 

"She's got some interview in New York." I mumble. 

"She gonna stay there for a while?" He asks. 

"No, she's probably going to come back today." I say. "I'm going to pick her up in a few minutes." I add. 

"You really miss her don't you?" Proof asks. 

"What?" I knit my brows together in confusion. 

"Talk to me man." Proof says. 

"About what?" I ask and read over the lyrics I just scribble down. 

"I don't know man, you have been acting weird for the past couple of days." He says. 

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm fine." I mumble. 

"You're falling for her, aren't you?" He asks after a long pause. 

I go quiet as I stare down at my book. Thing is, I've already fallen for her. I tried to push my feelings back down, I tried to fight my feelings but I can't help it. 

Tessa's been driving me nuts for the past few days. Just seeing her around the house drives me insane. I told myself it's just sex and nothing more but now....I don't know.