Chapter 103 - Nothing Is The Same

Nicks P.O.V:
Jay and Marshall stay quiet as they stay seated on the leather couch. I pace up and down in my family's empty house as I drink burbon. The house was empty, which is exactly what we needed. We can't talk about the contract in public after everything that's happened.

I feel trapped, just like Marshall and Karla do. I feel like even if I go for a morning jog, the people around me are working for their managers and following me or keeping an a close eye.

I don't use my phone anymore incase they are listening to my conversations with family or friends. I use a different sim and phone when I talk to family and to Karla or Marshall.

We hear the front door open and close before we hear heels clicking against the marble floor. Jay looks up at the door as I turn to face the door fully and Marshall, well he stays seated and doesn't move his eyes away from the coffee table.

He's been like this ever since Tessa woke up and lost her memory. He's barley talked. He looks like he hasn't had a good night sleep in years and he hasn't shaved either.

He's a mess. A big fucking mess.

"Nick?" Karla's voice echos through the house.

"Yeah. We're in here!" I yell back before we hear her heels clicking against the marble floor.

Marshall doesn't bother looking up at Karla when she appears in the doorway, dressed in a blue and white dress that reaches her thighs. Karla looks around the room before he eyes land on Jay.

Jay nods at Karla, making Karla smile lightly back at him. She then glances at Marshall who doesn't bother looking up at her. Letting out a small sigh, Karla shakes her head and looks away from Marshall and at me.

"Isn't it too early to be drinking?" She says as she walks further into the room. Just when i'm about to speak, Karla grabs the glass out of my hand and walks past me.

"Really." I sigh and watch her shrug.

"So. Is this a regular thing? Do we meet up here for meetings or somethings?" Karla asks before she drinks from my glass.

"This isn't a regular thing because i'm not part of this." Jay states as he sits up. "Rose doesn't know that I told you everything so I can't be part of this little club you have." He says sternly. I sit down next to Karla and take the burbon glass off her, making her roll her eyes.

"She's your sister." I state.

"I know that." Jay tuts. "Just cause I don't want to be part of this, doesn't mean I don't care." He says before he stands up. "My flights booked for tomorrow." He adds.

"What?" Karla and I both say quickly as Marshall just sits there.

"Yeah. I'm going home." He says.

"This is your home." Karla says.

"No. England is my home." Jay shakes his head. "Tessa is going home today. Everything will be back to normal soon." He adds.

"Back to normal?" Marshall chuckles.

"You need to get him checked out." I whisper to Karla which only earns me a pinch on my thigh.

"Marshall. Tessa will get her memory back again." Karla says softly and gets ignored by Marshall.

"Look." Jay huffs. "You stick to the plan. Don't get close to her again. Forget about your relationship with her-" Jay starts but gets cut off.

"You think it's that easy to just forget about everything and move on?" Marshall says.

"Yes." Jay nods. "If you claim to love my sister....Then you would do anything to protect her and keep her safe. The only way to do that is to forget about everything. Forget about your feelings for her. That way your mangers or the people that own the contract won't have a problem because you will be following the contract!" Jay says, raising his voice slightly. "If you love my sister then you forget about what you had Marshall! That's the only way you can protect her." He adds.