Blood

"Urgh!" Dee whined at the sound of the door opening. "Why when your hung over do things sound a lot louder?" Dee shoved her head under the pillow. Byron chuckled. "Byron shut up!" Dee whispered.

"Sorry baby, you were so drunk last night, you stood on your own feet. I'm sure you've lost a couple of brain cells, what were you thinking?" Byron scolded her as if she was a naughty school child. "I was trying to forget everything. Call me stupid for trusting people to easily, I mean the man I thought was my father turned out to be my kidnapper who used me for sex, my first boyfriend slept around while I was kidnapped, my second boyfriend held a gun to my head and now my real father, who I finally made a connection with, decided to not tell me I have a sister. Even better, he slept with her mum and then slept with mine.

To top it off, I killed my first boyfriend and beat my sister up to the point where she was hospitalised." Dee sighed and then groaned in to her pillow. Byron gave Dee's hand a sympathetic squeeze, he kissed her cheek before giving her a back message.

"Dee, I will always be here for you. I'm not leaving, I'm not cheating, I'm not a rapist, I wouldn't lie to you and I'm not crazy. Stay with me Dee, always and forever, I don't want to think about a future without you. Baby girl you're mine and I'm not sharing, I'm on some straight stingy shit." Byron laughed as he kissed Dee's neck.

"Is Sanaa back?" The last thing Dee remember was crashing on the bed, falling asleep as soon as her head touched the bed. Dee didn't remember Sanaa,Deme and Tyrell coming back.

Dee got up and jumped in the shower, hoping to speak to Sanaa when she came in. Dee was ten minutes in to her shower when Byron entered with no clothes on. "Can I join you? Byron asked. Dee giggled and bit her lip as Byron walked in to the shower.

***********

Deme and Mahayma exchanged worried glances, Sanaa sat on the window ledge, looking outside. "Sanaa?" Mahayma called, Sanaa carried on looking out the window. 'San-" "What!" Sanaa snapped. "Sanaa,we're only trying to help-" Deme said.

"Well don't, I don't want your pity. I was better off not knowing if I had a family or not." Sanaa's voice broke as she choked on her tears. Samara kissed her head. "There, there mummy." Samara rubbed Sanaa's back.

"I have a brother, two sisters and a father. I was brought up in care, thinking I was all alone, I had nobody and to find out I had somebody, it's all too much." Sanaa broke down in tears, Samara climbed on top of her and nestled her head in the crook of Sanaa's neck.
Sanaa let out uncontrollable sobs and hiccups when she felt a hand on her back. "Sanaa. Listen and listen good." Dee told her, Sanaa sat up abruptly. "You were brought up in care because of Adrian, I was brought up thinking that another man was my father. Adrian lied to me, he left your mother on her own and when my mother found out, she shut him out of my life." Dee sighed.

"But that's beside the point, so I found out I have a sister, that sister is here with me because I helped you out. Sanaa look around you, Deme,Mahayma and Sarayah, even though she's not here,are my sister's too and we don't share any blood. We're not blood relatives but that doesn't mean that we're not family. Tyrell, Brandon and Shamaar are my brother's, they've done a lot more for me than my blood brother's and sister have. I love these people more than anything. Sanaa, you and Samara are family. Never forget that."