Tell her

Byron put his key in to the front door and opened it. Byron looked around the house and saw Dee covered in flour and a big cake sitting on the table, Samara was running around screaming with Blu. Dee let out a giggle as she iced the cake.

Byron entered the kitchen, he smiled at Dee who was concentrating so hard, she didn't notice him enter. "Baby, you frightened me,what do you want?" Dee chuckled, Byron glanced at the cake, he saw the words "girl or boy?" Byron let out a sigh. "I missed your three month appointment,didn't I?" Byron rubbed his eyes. "It's alright, you can find out by cutting the cake with Sammy." Dee tiptoed to kiss Byron but he took a step back.

"Dee I need to tell you something, just know that I love you and you're the only one for me." Byron sat down. "What is it? Did you cheat on me? Please say you didn't cheat on me, I need you now more than ever did before Byron." A tear escaped Dee's eyes. "No, no, no! It's not that baby, I promise." Byron rushed. "It's just that, umm, Mahayma tried to kiss me and-" "Did you kiss her back?" Dee cocked her head to one side. "What?" Byron said. "Did you kiss her back?" Dee repeated. "Do you still want me?" Dee whispered.

"I never kissed her back and Dee, your my world, of course I want you." Byron smiled. "Good, I believe you." Dee held her baby bump and turned towards the cake. "I'll go and get Sammy." Byron ran out of the room.

Ten minutes later, he came back with Samara on his shoulders. "Do you want me to have a baby?" Dee asked Sammy. "Yes! Is there a baby inside?" Samara touched Dee's stomach. "Yep!" Byron smiled. "Can I be the baby's sister?" Sammy asked. "Because I want you to be my mummy and daddy." Samara finished. "You want to call us mummy and daddy?" Byron replied, Samara nodded her head, Dee was in floods of tears.

"Are you hurt?" Samara's eyes widened. "No, the baby makes me feel happy sometimes and sad sometimes." Dee wiped away a tear. "Right so let's cut the cake!" Dee grabbed a sharp knife and carefully handed it to Byron, Byron placed Samara's hands over the knife. "Are you ready Samara?"Byron dug in to the cake and pulled a slice away.

"It's blue!" Samara screamed. "What does that mean?" Samara looked at Byron. "It means that mummy's having a baby boy." Byron chuckled. Byron looked at Dee and then back down at the cake. "Bryon what's-" Byron ran out of the room.

"Here Sammy, take your cake and go in to the living room, do not feed Blu." Dee watched Samara skip in to the living room before she walked off in search of Byron. "By, where are you?" Dee called as she walked through the hallway. Dee stopped by her and Byron's bedroom door. "By, can I come in?" Dee knocked on the door. Byron didn't respond so Dee walked in.1

Byron was still holding the piece of cake in his hands. "A boy, By we're having a boy." Dee clasped one of his hands. "Dee, I can't do this." Byron shook his head. "What do you mean, you can't do this?" Dee frowned. "Dee, it's going to be a baby boy and I'm going to be a father, I was born when my mother was your age and my father was mine. They couldn't cope, they were so young, my father didn't know what to do so he walked out on us, Dee I don't want to be like that. I don't want to be him. He's the reason my mother and I was homeless, he's the reason why I grew up on the street. Dee I don't, I can't do that to you but part of me believes that I will do the same thing he did and it's tearing me apart." Byron sighed.

"I know how you feel, my mother wasn't the best mother, she couldn't give me the things a child needed but that just makes me want our baby boy even more, it makes me want to give him all the things I couldn't have." Dee nestled her head in to Byron's chest.

"I love you Byron and I believe that you will be a good father, just look at you and Sammy, she's not your daughter nor mine yet you took her under your wing as if she was. Byron we will be the best parents to Samara and our baby, I promise." Dee kissed his forehead. "I just don't want to do what he did Dee." Byron shook his head. "You won't baby, you won't." Dee and Byron held each other in their arms before Samara started shouting.

"Mummy, daddy, can I have some more special blue cake?" Byron jumped up. "Dee you
should rest, I'll deal with her." Byron kissed Dee's forehead as he walked out the door. "Mummy!" Samara screamed. Dee sat up and sighed. "No rest for me then."