Preface

Synergy - The interaction of two or more agents, so that their combined effect is greater than sum of their individual effects.

Or so we thought.

Ela's pov

"Tonight is the Band Bash festival. I'll see all of you there around six o'clock."

Melinda, our manager never skipped out on the details. She was meticulous and a tad forceful, but being in the biggest female band in the world, Baseline, made having her a necessity.

I smiled at my four other band members sitting around the large oak table.

"What other bands are going to be there tonight?" Mara, the wild child of the band with deep, dark brown hair asked.

"The usual. The 1975, The Wanted, The Scene, One Dir-"

My listening was interrupted with the buzz of my phone. Pulling out the sleek white device, a smile appeared on my face at the text. Kendall, my boyfriend also known as one of the Big Time Rush stars, had texted.

Reading over the text I sighed, losing my smile.

"Hey, Alexa." I nudged the short haired brunette to my right.

With the conformation of a nod from Alexa, the glue of the band, I proceeded.

"Kendall wants to hang out with me tonight. Do you think you could cover for me at the Band Bash tonight if I show up a little late?"

A dramatic sigh accompanied with an eye roll from Alexa was what I was expecting, and was exactly what I got. Not one of my band members was a fan of my boyfriend, Kendall.

"Ela come on.. Your really going to miss the festival for him?? He's a jerk and only cares about himself!" She droned on.

"I'm not going to miss it! I'm just going to show up late! I know how you all hate him and think he's using me for popularity, but it's not true! Please! Just cover for me!" I pleaded grabbing her hand.

"Fine, two hours tops is all I'm covering for though.. If Melinda finds out, you are taking the blame." Alexa said crossing her arms and leaning back against the plush leather seat.

"Ladies.. Care to share?" Melinda snapped at us from the other end of the table.

With a head shake "no" from both Alexa and I, Melinda carried on.

We watched as she looked over her agenda, skimming through the list with her eyes.

"Shoot! I forgot!" Melinda screeched, furrowing her brow.

"Kelly, the stupid intern, called in sick this morning and never delivered that envelope to Jack! I need someone to please be a life saver and deliver it? I would do it myself but I have to meet with other sponsors in ten minutes." she said glancing at the clock.

Alexa being the kind soul she is raised her hand. "I'll do it."

"Well I was going to have an assistant do it.." Melinda trailed off wearily looking at the many other assistants seated at the table with us.

"No, I don't have anything going on. I'll do it." Alexa smiled over at her.

"If you sure? Thank you, Alexa! Here it is!" Melinda said pulling a medium sized white envelope addressed to Jack out of her bag.

"No problem. So who is Jack exactly and where am I supposed to find him?"

"Oh Jack, you can find him at B.F. studios today untill around three o'clock. He will be up there with the band. He is the manager of course." Melinda sighed with relief.

"Okay. Easy enough? Hey, what band?" Alexa said putting on her dark green jacket as she stood up.

"One Direction."