3- Dumbledore's Summoning

Chapter Inspiration:

- Just A Dream ~ Pitch Perfect cast

A Day Later

Ever since that day during summer break, I hadn't stopped thinking about my last dream, about Aslan. Was it all a dream or was He really going to come back and teach me to be a high-ranked war advisor?

I bit my lip as I walked through the halls of Hogwarts, making my way to Transfiguration. Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked along side of me, oblivious to my pensive thinking. I quietly rolled back one of my sleeves to examine my wrists. They were now a shade of pink, but getting better. I reminded myself to use my necklace's powers to heal them more later.

About halfway through class, a Third Year walked in with a rolled up sheet of parchment in their hand. "Um this is for a Laurel Collins?" I sat up and looked at them. "That's me." I raised my hand. They handed me the parchment and walked away.

Harry, my table partner, shot me a curious look. I could see out of the corner of my eyes that everyone was looking at me. I sunk lower in my seat, annoyed that no one was paying any attention to the lesson.

"Don't you all have teapots to turn into pin cushions?" I snapped quietly, hiding the scroll in my robes. Harry flinched and looked down at his teapot, sheepishly. "Sorry," I mumbled, feeling bad. He shrugged and glared at his now patterned teapot.

When I walked out of the classroom, I leaned against the wall and opened up the roll. It read;

Miss Collins,

After Transfiguration would you please come to my office. We have some matters to discuss.

P.S. Although it has a fruit in the name, it is nowhere near healthy. I'm afraid I would eat them more often if they were.

I recognized the loopy handwriting immediately. It was from Dumbledore. "What does it say?" Ron asked, walking over with Harry and Hermione, creating a hemisphere around me. "Dumbledore says we have matters to discuss. I bet it's about the nightmares." I handed the parchment to Hermione, who looked it over with Ron and Harry reading over her shoulder.

I bit my lip, realizing that Harry might be a bit jealous that Dumbledore wants to see me, considering that he's been ignoring him since summer. "What does it mean 'although it has a fruit in the name, it is nowhere near healthy. I'm afraid I would eat them more often if they were'?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Maybe that's the clue to the password." Harry commented. I looked up at him, grinning. "Harry, you're a genius! It must mean that the password is a sweet of some sort with a fruit in the name!" Ron thought for a moment before saying, "Try Sherbet Lemon." 

I grabbed the parchment and stuffed it in my bag. "Thanks, I'll catch you later." I called to them, running down the hallway, and ignoring Professor Snape's yelling at me. I cringed realizing that he was gonna kill me later. For now that didn't matter.

As I made my way to the doorway of his tower, I bent down, panting. "Sh-sherbet Lemon." I puffed out, adjusting my book bag strap. The gargoyle turned, revealing a staircase. I jumped on and stood as it took me to the doorway of his office.

Feeling a bit nervous, I strode to the door and knocked briskly. "Come in." A familiar voice called, the doors opening. I walked in and spotted the headmaster at his desk, not knowing it was me. "Yes?" He asked, not looking up from his paperwork.

I cleared my throat. "You wanted to see me sir?" He looked up at me and set down his quill. "Ah, Miss Collins. I did indeed." I rested my bag on the ground beside his desk and waited for him to continue.

"It came to my attention by the Order that you had some rather serious nightmares. Ones including Voldemort." I nodded, waiting for him to ask 10,000 questions. But they never came. "Could you explain to me what happened?" I stood there in front of his desk and told him about each nightmare, leaving out the Narnia dream, which wasn't even a nightmare.

"Well, I'm glad that you blocked him out of your mind, who knows what he could've extracted from you if he did. He probably would've gotten to all of the discussions that were held over the summer. I apologize."

"Sir, was it all real? The last dream, I mean." Dumbledore thought for a moment before nodding. "I'm afraid so. But the setting, however, was entirely your imagination. I do not know why it was my office." He chuckled.

"My powers have gotten even stronger." I said, changing the subject from my horrible dreams. Dumbledore's head shot straight up in curiosity. "Oh? What can you do now? I doubt it's a magnificent as force fields or healing with lily petals."

"Oh but it is. I had a dream about it during the summer and when I woke up, I tried it out and it actually worked!"

"Please elaborate Miss Collins. What power have you been gifted with now?"

"I can shapeshift into animals."

His eyes became as round as saucers with curiosity. "Could you demonstrate?" I nodded, feeling a bit hesitant.

Twirling my necklace around my finger, a nervous habit when I wasn't doing this motion to conjure a force field, I concentrated on an animal. I needed to be one that would fit in this room.

Finding one to my liking, I felt the room get larger as I shrunk down to a very petite size. I saw tufts of pink fur around me and realized that I had done it.

Dumbledore sat up and peered over his desk to get a look. He let out a happy laugh as he rounded his desk and picked me up in his hands.

I felt his thumb press against my skin, as if there was something there. "The ring of your necklace is tattooed into your Pgymy Puff skin Miss Collins." He explained, figuring I was confused.

He sat me back down and told me to change back. When I opened my eyes, I was back to my full height. My head was spinning though, as if I had just gotten off a crazy roller coaster. I gripped onto the edge of the table to steady myself, but the nausea feeling didn't go away.

I closed my eyes tightly and breathed heavily. "Do you feel like your going to be sick?" Dumbledore asked, grabbing a trash can. I nodded softly, feeling bile rise in my throat. I violently grabbed the can from him and vomited.

I wiped my mouth on the back of my hand, grimacing. He handed me a cup and I drew out my wand. "Aguamenti." Water poured into the cup and I washed my mouth out, spitting into the can. I used the extra water to clean my hand, rubbing it on my jeans hidden by my Gryffindor robes.

Dumbledore set the can down and offered me a mint. I took it graciously and popped it into my mouth. I couldn't stand the taste of vomit. "Just so you know, it will take time until you master shapeshifting and not vomit afterwards. Now, we have one more issue to discuss and then I'll let you go to lunch."

I nodded and waited for him to continue. "You may have realized that I've been shutting Harry out. I have a reason for this. You see, like you, Voldemort can access Harry's mind or dreams. I can't say if he knows of the connection, but if he can try to access you, I'm sure he knows he can get to Harry."

Concern flowed through me. "But sir, Harry is not as strong as me, Occlumency-wise anyway. He needs to be taught how to use it." Dumbledore nodded, as if he'd already had thought of the idea. "I agree Miss Collins, but I cannot teach him. My thought was that if I stayed away this year, Harry would be less tempted."

I nodded, deciding that Dumbledore knew what he was doing. "Good day sir." I said, grabbing my bag off the floor and heading down the stairs. When I came to the bottom, I was shocked to see Snape standing there. "Why are you disturbing the headmaster Collins?"

I gulped, hoping I wasn't in trouble. "I was told on a scroll of parchment to talk to Professor Dumbledore." I told him coolly. He stared at me for a moment, before sneering, "You've seen him, now run along to lunch. And by the way Collins, you're looking a little green."

I felt the same sensation of bile rising in my throat and bolted down the hallway to the girls' bathroom, regardless that Moaning Myrtle was probably in there. 

I threw my bag to the floor and ran to a toilet, just in time to puke my guts out. I sunk to the floor and rested my pounding head against my hands. "Why did you choose to vomit in my bathroom?" Myrtle asked, poking her head through the divider.

"'Cause it was the closer one to Dumbledore's office." I mumbled, flushing the toilet. Sighing, I washed my hands. "See ya later Myrtle." I called, picking up my bag and walking down the hallway.

Not bothering to eat lunch, I walked back to the Gryffindor common room. The Fat Lady was sipping a glass of wine, surprised to find me in front of her. "Fairy lights." I sighed, feeling like crap. "You don't look so good deary, maybe you should head to the hospital wing."

I waved it off and climbed through painting. "I'm fine, just need some rest." I found the common room empty and sighed happily. I laid down across a couch, dropping my bag on the floor in front of me. Maybe I can sleep off the nausea.

Closing my eyes, I fell asleep almost immediately, which is not something that happens very often. I saw light ahead of me and realized it wasn't light. They were the eyes of Aslan.