34- A Promise to be Kept

Dedication to TaraJadeStone for the awesome new cover! Thank you! :) Also, I wrote a short story for English and it is based on Flawed and it centers around Eva. Read it if you wish. Have a lovely day! xx

Chapter Inspiration:

- Bubbly ~ Colbie Calliat

The next morning I woke up early and got cleaned up at the river. When I got back to my tent, I used the Hot Air Charm and dried of before changing into a cerulean blue henley, deep brown legging-pants, my red leather gauntlets, and brown boots.

When I was ready, I filled a container with my lily tea and headed out for the practice grounds. I sat against an archery range and sipped my tea. My sword and archery gear glinted in the sunlight a few feet away from my feet.

"Hi." I jerked around and saw Peter standing near me. He was wearing a navy undershirt with a brown leather jerkin over it, and brown pants with brown boots. I smiled widely and stood up, adjusting my weapons back on me.

"Hey." I said, sipping my tea. "I was wondering if I could maybe have a private lesson before this afternoon. I don't want to embarrass myself more than I'm going to." He admitted sheepishly. I smiled genuinely and nodded.

I set my tea, bow, and quiver down and took him over to the open field. I unsheathed my sword and Peter followed my suit. He held it the way I showed him last night. "Good." I nodded, focusing on his sword.

I taught him how to block, parry, and thrust. Basically the easy stuff. A few hours later, he was becoming very good. I blocked his thrust, sweat drenching me. I disarmed Peter for the umpteenth time. He huffed and grabbed his sword, wiping the sweat that was running down his forehead.

I sipped my tea and instantly felt better. Not sweaty or exhausted like I was a minute before. It wouldn't hurt for him to have a sip right? He couldn't possibly think it's magic. I held out my container. "Want some? Trust me, you'll feel better."

As he sipped it, I realized that we had just shared a secondhand kiss. I don't think he noticed, but I was blushing as I turned away to put it back down. As I turned to him, I saw how refreshed he looked. "Let's go again." I told him, raising my sword.

His force shocked me for a spilt second, giving him the opportunity to nick my cheek. I ground my teeth against the pain and saw his facial expression turn to horror. "Oh my gosh are you alright?" He walked over to me, really close.

He examined my cheek, running his thumb over it, looking very horrified. I ignored the pleasant tingles that were sent through me. "Peter, I'm okay. Trust me, this is nothing. I've been through worse." I said that last sentence under my breath. Unfortunately, he heard me. "What does that mean?" He asked me, crossing his arms.

"Nothing." He gave me a look, causing me to sigh. I need to be honest with them about some stuff. I really like the Pevensies. I should try not to lie about everything. I rolled up my left sleeve, displaying my scar. His eyes widened as he gently touched it with his finger pads, sending more pleasant shocks through me. "Before you start asking if I've been abused or did this to myself, the answer is no."

I started to crack up. His reaction was priceless. Peter's mouth formed a small 'o' while his eyebrows stretched to his hairline and his blue eyes were wide. I decided the face was adorable on him. "I was twelve. Harry, our best friend Ron, and this dimwit professor of ours were in a chamber under our boarding school. A rock slide occurred, splitting us in two and two. Harry and I had to go on while they cleared the rocks. We found Ron's sister and Harry's girlfriend, Ginny, lying unconscious on the floor. We sort of have this...enemy and he came out of the shadows. Harry fought him and his giant snake while I attempted to get Ginny out of there." I shivered, thinking about the snake.