33- The Pevensies

Chapter Inspiration:

- I Turn To You ~ Christina Aguilera   

I could hear the entire camp following them and making a large crowd in front of Aslan's tent. "We have come to see Aslan." A male voice wavered. I heard metal hitting metal, telling me that this boy carried a sword. I furrowed my brow. How did they get weapons?

Aslan chuckled and stood up and motioned me to join Him. I ran a hand through His fur as we walked through the flaps of the tent. My heart was pounding hard for reasons I wasn't sure of. I saw the entire camp kneel before Aslan.

I felt the need to, but something told me not to. Aslan started to address the humans in front of us, who I had not seen. "Welcome Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. And welcome Beavers. You have my thanks."

I looked at the small, brown Beavers and smiled at their modest attitudes. Next, I looked at a little girl about eleven, by the name of Lucy, who had brown hair in a bob and sparkling blue eyes full of curiosity. Her older sister was next to her, Susan, and had the same brown hair that came to collarbone. Her blue-gray eyes looked nervous, but seemed somehow relieved when we held a gaze. She looked about fifteen, a year younger than me.

I came to Peter, the eldest, who was about my age of sixteen, and for some reason, my lungs tightened. He had blonde hair that fell in his eyes occasionally and kind yet cautious blue eyes. I could tell he was protective of his sisters. He's pretty good-looking...wait WHAT. I brushed the thought off, confusion taking over. Where's the other boy? There should be four.

"But where is the fourth?" Aslan voiced my thoughts. Peter sheathed his sword and stood up, motioning his siblings to stand as well. I watched them with curiosity as worry overcame their expressions. "That's why we are here, sir. We need your help." Peter told Him.

I frowned. Weren't they were here to fight? It was part of the prophecy! "We had a little trouble along the way." Susan continued, looking at Peter. He took over once more and said, "He's been captured by the White Witch."

My eyes widened as big as saucers. "Captured?!" I parroted, in awe. Mr. Beaver looked at me and Aslan. "He...betrayed them, Your Excellence." Oreius stamped his foot angrily. "Then he has betrayed us all!" I shot him a look as Aslan said calmly, "Peace Oreius. I'm sure there is an explanation."

Peter looked down, guilty. "It is my fault really. I was too hard on him." Susan rubbed his shoulder with her hand then turned to us and said, "We all were." I looked at Lucy, whose expression looked like she was going to cry. "Sir, he's our brother." I wanted to walk over to her and give her a big hug. She reminded me greatly of Eva.

Aslan gave her a sympathetic, yet pensive smile. "I know dear one, but that makes the betrayal all the worse. It may be harder than you think. For now, put the matter in the back of your minds and rest. You've had a long journey. I would like to introduce to you to General Laurel, Daughter of Eve."

I was surprised that He introduced me and gave them a wave. "Hello." Lucy smiled at me, which I returned. "Would you show them to their tents, Laurel? I need to think this over." I nodded. "Of course Aslan. Drink some more tea and we'll talk later."

He smiled at me and then turned back to His tent. The camp went back to their activities, leaving the Pevensies, their last name according to Aslan, standing around awkwardly. I stepped down from the ledge and walked towards them.

"As Aslan said, I'm Laurel. It's nice to see humans again." Lucy and Peter chuckled as I motioned for them to follow me. I wanted to talk to them for a bit, so I took the long way. "How long have you been in Narnia?" Lucy asked me.