57- Return to Narnia

Just a quick question: You any of you guys know where I can find a transcript of the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie? I'm starting to write that and I kind of need all the lines. Tell me in the comments if you have any ideas. Now, go on and enjoy the start of my favorite section of the story. :D

Chapter Inspiration:

- Pompeii ~ Bastille

I woke up the next day feeling the best I have felt in months. When I looked around, I smiled, seeing everyone camped out on the beds or cots. I had to stifle a laugh when I saw Ron lying on the floor near Hermione's bed. Either he fell off or she pushed him. Regardless of which, it was funny.

I yawned and headed toward the bathroom with new clothes. As I scrubbed off all the dirt, sweat, and blood from yesterday, I examined the skin where the ropes have been. They still looked raw from four days ago, but they should heal soon.

By the time I was ready, everyone was up and sitting around. I shoved my dirty clothes in a drawer and plopped down on my bed. "Morning you lot." Harry furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to me, looking at something.

I cringed slightly as he lifted my wrists and looked at them. Uh oh. "What are these?" he demanded. Silence filled the room as Eva walked over as well. "Rope burns..." I mumbled, avoiding his piercing gaze.

"Where did you get them? And when?" he pressed. I sighed and laid back against the headboard. "While you were gone, Voldemort would come to Snape's office and interrogate me about your whereabouts, just like the nightmare from two years ago."

Harry clenched his jaw. Even when Ginny got up and put a hand on him, his rigid posture did not fade. "H-he tortured you for nine months? Why the hell didn't you say anything?" Harry yelled. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "He told me that if I said anything, Eva would pay the price. So I just accepted it and blocked him out." I told him as calmly as I could. Really, I would've probably joined in his screaming match.

Harry didn't say anything. Wise, because there really wasn't much to say in this situation. "Also...now would probably be a good time to tell you that I put a force field over the entire school when you were looking for the diadem..."

Everyone looked at me in even more alarm. Harry, looking extremely incredulous, said nothing. Again. He stormed out of the room and down the stairs. Ginny shot me a sympathetic smile and went after my brother, leaving Ron, Hermione, Eva, and I.

Eva and Ron stood up and left as well. Hermione went over to her bag and pulled out some clothing. "I'm going to shower. Need anything?" I shook my head. "I think I should be the one asking you." She shrugged and walked to the bathroom. Silence. I can't even remember the last time I was by myself, excluding time in a bathroom. For whatever reason, I felt the need to preserve it. I got up and headed downstairs and through the castle.

~

By the time I had arrived, I realized I had walked here subconsciously. The blank, brick wall of the seventh floor stared back at me, waiting for me to ask for something. I furrowed my eyebrows, drawing up a blank.

"I...I don't know what to ask for." I said aloud. Suddenly, the black iron gates appeared, showing a pit of darkness. Slightly nervous, I drew my wand and walked in, being enveloped into the darkness. It was so dark as I walked, I couldn't see my own hand in front of my face.

I tripped on something and fell farther than I thought was possible. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the painful ground to meet me. I landed on the ground with a thump, a yelp escaping my mouth. Behind my eyelids, I saw bright light.

What happened to the darkness? As I opened my eyes, I was greeted with the sight of crumbling ruins and a black iron gate. I sat up and held my head, trying to identify where I am. When I looked behind me, I gasped. Four large chests stood behind me with statues of very familiar people behind each one. Gold, jewels, and other magnificent items also laid around the room. Only very rich people could afford such items.

A wide grin crossed my face. I was back in Narnia.

I stood up and brushed off my clothes, heading toward Edmund's chest. Behind it, Fortis, my bow, quiver, and bag with the Undetectable Extension Charm on it were hiding under a thick layer of dust. I pulled out some Narnian clothing and shoved my other clothes inside the bag. When I picked up Fortis and strapped it to my waist, I could feel all the practice and battle experience rushing back to my body. I dug around in my bag and found my gauntlets, pleased that they were just as I remembered.

When I was ready, I slung my bag and quiver over my shoulder and closed the gate behind me. I hurried up the steps and fell a couple times, realizing that some of them were gone. Yikes. As I tried to open the door, I realized in horror that the rock slab covered it, locking me in.

"Dammit." I muttered. "I have to get out." I tapped my foot impatiently and tried to think of a way out. An idea popped in my head, but I really didn't like it. Either do it or starve in here! A voice urged me. I sighed deeply and concentrated.

In a matter of seconds, I was a tiny ladybug. Somehow, by the luck of Aslan, my bag did not drop to the floor, but disappeared with my clothes, awaiting to appear when I Changed back. I crawled under the door and in the miniscule gap between the rock/stone wall.

Light flooded my vision and ginormous green things loomed over me. Wait, that's grass! If I was human, I'd probably laugh. I Changed back and blinked a few times. I took in the green grass, blue sky, even bluer water, and the ruins of Cair Paravel exposed to erosion. (Yes, I actually paid attention in science class during primary school.)

It took a while for me to accept that this was what was left of Cair Paravel. We had been invaded and I failed. I walked around and tried to make out what was what. Weathering and fire did such a good job that every floor above the ground level was gone.

I scowled angrily. Those assholes burned down my bedroom! Seeing everything, I looked out at the sea and tried to find anything remotely similar to civilization. Did the Narnians figure out some way to claim Narnia back or have the Telmarines taken over completely? Were there any Narnians left? How long has it been?

Thousands of questions mulled around in my mind. I grew frustrated because I couldn't nor didn't know the answers to any of them. I hated not knowing the answer to a question. Carefully, I walked down the steep hill of what used to be the apple grove.

Surprisingly, apples were still growing. I plucked one off and bit into it. It tasted just as I remembered Narnian apples to be; sweeter and more flavorful than apples on Earth. Deciding to stock up, I plucked a bunch of good ones and stuffed them in my bag.

I frowned and rummaged around. "Strange, I could've sworn that I had my Hogwarts clothes in here." They were gone. Oh well, more room for other stuff. Shrugging, I stuffed some apples into my bag and set off for a trek for who knows how long.

~

About five hours later I sat down against a random tree in some forest. I gulped down tea and wiped the sweat from my face. I sat like that for several minutes, trying to reenergize before I started off again.

I was staring at a fallen log when an idea popped into my head. I jumped up and conjured a visual screen of the landscape. To put it this way, my screen was kind of like Google Earth: Narnia edition. I moved my fingers around and scanned everything little detail. I furrowed my brow when I stopped at the heart of Narnia.

I zoomed in and saw a stone castle with several villages surrounding it. Zooming in even closer, I watched as dark-haired children, men, and women, bustled around. My eyes widened as I watched as many people in particular were walking to the castle.

I wasn't widening my eyes at the gathering. I was shocked because the Telmarines have taken over completely. I didn't even see hostages or tortured Narnians. They have been wiped out all together.