78- Midnight Conversations

I'M BACK!!!!! :D I'm glad to be back home, but I'm sad because I'll miss everything and everyone there. But no matter, I'm here with a fluffy chapter to make up for my two week hiatus. How are you all wonderful people? It's been a while. Now, I'm going to catch up on some serious writing.

Chapter Inspiration:

- One More Night ~ Cascada

- Willow ~ Jasmine Thomspon (Submitted by coolcat1002)

- The Night Before (Life Goes On) ~ Carrie Underwood

When it was around eleven thirty, Peter and I decided to get ready for bed. I shooed him off to his own room while I attempted to get out of this darn dress. I heard a knock on the door the moment I shut it. I groaned and turned back to see Peter standing there with a smirk.

"We both know that you need me to untie the dress." He gave me a knowing look. I narrowed my eyes, but let him in. I turned to face the mirror and watched as he undid it slowly. "If you're trying to savor the moment, there's really nothing to savor." I laughed.

He chuckled and continued to unlace my dress. I bit my lip hard to keep from laughing as his face fell when he finished. Underneath my dress was a light shift over my strange medieval undergarments instead of bare skin. "Sorry to disappoint you." I teased. He scowled at me through the mirror and walked out. "See you soon." He called, winking suggestively.

I felt my face redden as he closed the door. I continued to change into a nightgown, one similar to last night's, and wash my face free of makeup with a basin of cool water set in the bathroom. I somehow managed to brush my teeth with the crappy items left for me. They call this oral hygiene? I definitely prefer Earth's advancement in this category. With Fortis and my wand in hand, I shoved slippers on my feet and shuffled across the hall to the High King's room.

Noise echoed from the corner of the next corridor, so I slipped in quickly, unseen. I sighed in relief and turned to see Peter in the process of changing his shirt. "Oh! Sorry!" I blushed, my eyes falling to his muscled stomach.

He grinned cockily at me and snickered. "Hoping I wasn't dressed at all, Collins?" I snorted, dropping Fortis and my wand on the table beside my half of the bed. "Don't flatter yourself, Pevensie." Peter leaned across the bed and pinched my cheek. "Then why are your cheeks so red?" I slapped his hand away and sat on the bed. "Because you're pinching my cheeks, genius." Peter laughed hard and settled onto the bed. Yes, he was wearing a shirt!

He pulled me into his side, his hands resting on my stomach. I nuzzled my head into his shoulder, feeling his chest rise and fall with each breath. We stayed quiet for a while, savoring the feel of being in each other's arms. Aslan knew how long we had left together. I stiffened at those thoughts, fear and sadness mulling through me.

I felt Peter's thumb start to rub my stomach, sending spikes of heat through my skin. "Relax, love." I exhaled deeply and tried to lessen my stress. Nope, wasn't gonna happen. I felt a kiss on the left side of my neck, the side usually neglected by Peter, and my heart sped up. "Stop thinking about whatever it is you're thinking about."

I turned my head so I could see his face. "Then distract me." His cerulean blue eyes sparkled with mischief. "All right." Before I could ask what the fuck that meant, my lips smashed into the person's lying beside me. At first, our position was uncomfortable and a little odd. Oh well.

When the uncomfortableness grew irritating, I shifted so I laid on top of him, making it easier to access his lips. As my hands messed up his hair, his found my waist rubbing circles. I pulled back and rested my head on his shoulder, groaning. "W-what's the matter?" he panted. "Damn this nightshift I'm wearing." Peter raised an eyebrow. "Is this conversation heading where it sounds like it's going?" I scowled, not amused by his answer. "That was not what I was implying. I meant that this article of clothing is most irritating."