16- Department of Mysteries

Chapter Inspiration:

- Human ~ Christina Perri (Submitted by coolcat1002)

- The Confrontation ~ Hugh Jackman & Russell Crowe

- The Draw ~ Bastille

What the fuck was Hermione talking about. I kept the confusion off my face and gave Ron a look that said, 'Just go with it.' He got the message and acted like he knew what she was talking about. Whatever she was doing, Hermione had a plan.

Umbridge untied Harry and motioned for Hermione to be released. She followed them out the door, leaving Neville, Ginny, Luna, Ron, and I. A few more minutes and then we'll escape, I decided. When those minutes passed, I bent down and flipped the Slytherin over my back and grabbed my wand.

I stunned Luna and Neville's holders and punched Ron's in the face. Ginny was still being held captive, so I turned around and slapped him hard, knocking him to the ground. "Thanks." Ginny smiled at me. I smiled back. Everyone collected their own wands and stood by the door.

I grabbed Harry's and Hermione's wands and followed my friends. "What the bloody hell was Hermione talking about?" Ron asked me as we ran down the corridor. "I think she was improvising...and saving Harry." I replied.

"Where do you think they went?" Luna asked no one in particular. I thought for a moment, then an image appeared in my head.

I saw Harry and Hermione walking through the Forbidden Forest with Umbridge on their tails. "What are you doing?" Harry asked her in a whisper. "Improvising." She whispered back.

As the image disappeared, I figured out where they were headed. Grawp. I pointed to the bridge from the main staircase, where we were, and started to run down them. "I know where they're going." I ran down faster, knowing that the others were following.

~

Just as we were crossing the bridge, I saw two figures at the other end. "Harry! Hermione!" I called, speeding up. "How’d you get away?" Hermione asked, as I handed each of them their wands. "Basically Laurel beat the crap out of hers and then stunned or slapped everyone else's." Ginny chuckled.

I smiled at her and blushed slightly. "That was clever, Laure." Hermione praised. "Your idea was brilliant. What happened to Umbridge?" Harry smiled wide. "She got carried off by Centaurs after offending them." I stand corrected, now I have never laughed so hard.

I was literally on the ground laughing, crying my eyes out with my stomach in pain. Harry chuckled and pulled me to my feet. "So, how are we getting to London?" Neville asked. Harry's smile dimmed a bit. "Look, it’s not that I don’t appreciate everything you’ve done, all of you…but I’ve got you into enough trouble as it is."

I frowned, as did everyone else. "Dumbledore’s Army’s supposed to be about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?" Neville asked him. "Maybe you don’t have to do this all by yourself, mate." Ron told a quiet Harry.

After a few seconds, Harry looked at us with a grim look. "So how are we going to get to London?" I beamed at him, but then realized that that was a really good question. "We fly, of course." Luna answered.

~

It took about twenty minutes, but once we finally got everyone on a Thestral, we took off for London. To be honest, it wasn't as great as flying on a broomstick, but flying was flying, so it was still pretty sweet. The Thestrals dropped us off right in front of a telephone booth, confusing us all.