107- Lost

There's only two more chapters after this. 0.0 I'm really starting to panic now.

Also, if you couldn't tell, I'm packing a lot of songs into the inspirations for all the chapters from now on. Better late than never, eh?

Chapter Inspiration:

- Blue Bird ~ Christina Perri

- No Air ~ Jordan Sparks

- Sad Song ~ Christina Perri

- Sleepsong ~ Bastille

- Cold Day In July ~ Dixie Chicks

- Laughter Lines ~ Bastille

- Heart Full of Love ~ Les Misérables cast (2012)

- Oblivion ~ Bastille

- Right Now ~ One Direction

- I Dreamed A Dream ~ Anne Hathaway

- Empty Chairs At Empty Tables ~ Eddie Redmayne

Peter's POV

I leaned against a tree, staring out at the beautiful scenery of Narnia/Aslan's Country. It was the most amazing feeling to be here. You never got tired, didn't need to sleep, eat, or drink, but everyone did so anyway. I pulled my crown off of my head and looked at it closely. It felt and looked no different than it had when I was High King.

Another perk of being dead was that you could remember everything from the minute you were born up to the very second you were at. My thoughts, however, were always filled with memories of Laurel. And usually, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but I felt extremely guilty for leaving her. Of course, I had no choice, but it didn't ease my conscience anyway. 

I desparately wanted to know how she was doing, but there was no way how to know and if there was, it'd probably make things worse for me. I was so lost in thought that I hadn't heard Aslan approach me. I smiled weakly up at the Lion. "Aslan." I acknowledged. "King Peter, what is troubling you?" He asked, eyes full of wisdom.

"I honestly don't know,  Aslan. I'm happy here, really I am, but I feel so lost and empty sometimes and I don't why." I told Him candidly. He sighed and took a seat next to me. Aslan then proceded to tell me some very vitial information that left my jaw slackened. "How is that even possible?" I asked, astonished. The Lion chuckled. "Love can make almost anything possible."

A ring materialized in my hand and I held it up. It was silver and decorated with eighteen fish around it. It was very similar to Laurel's except for the fact that this was the type you wore on your finger. "This will allow you to watch over her when you wish to. She won't be able to see you, but you can see her." I swallowed hard, almost tearing up. "Thank you, Aslan."

He smiled mysteriously. "Well, I'm not finished yet." I slipped the ring on, not exactly sure where the Lion was going with this.

Laurel's POV

I was so tired, but I couldn't bring myself to close my eyes. I was afraid of what would show up in my dreams if I gave my subconcious the power over me. I had drunk a lot of coffee in hopes of staying awake, but it was to no avail. My eyes shut and I fell asleep.

White light was surrounded me and I opened my eyes, confused. This was unlike any dream I had before. I looked around, panicking because I didn't recognize my surroundings. Where am I? The light disappeared and scenery replaced the light. I looked around, finding myself in a beautiful meadow. "It's beautiful here, isn't it? Though I have no idea where we are."