52- Tortured

Chapter Inspiration:

- Pain ~ Three Days Grace

This time I resisted him as much as I could. I tried biting, screaming, and kicking but nothing worked. I was tied to a chair like in my nightmare. But this time Snape stood in the corner watching with a blank face.

Voldemort drew out his wand and I knew what was going to happen. "Where is your brother Laurel Collins?" He asked me, his evil eyes staring at me. Like in my dream, I said nothing and held my chin high. "If you don't reply soon, I can give you a mark to match the one already bruising on your face."

I wanted to touch my cheek or see it, but my wrists were tied painfully together like before. He disappeared. I emptied my mind before he even attempted. However, that didn't make the pain any more bearable.

I screeched, the ropes digging into my skin. My eyelids were glued shut in concentration. I had to keep him out. This went on for several minutes. When he had finally stopped, I was wearing clothes drenched in sweat.

He drew out his wand and started the real torture. "Crucio!" It was worse than the dream, which was also real. I screamed the loudest I've ever screamed. Maybe someone will hear me bad recuse me! "Crucio!" I writhed in pain against the ropes. "Tell me where he is and I'll stop!" He told me cruelly.

"LIKE HELL." I was able to get out. He ground his teeth. "Crucio!" I groaned as my body shuddered in pain. He smacked me hard, giving the chair momentum to fall backwards. A breath hissed between my teeth at the impact.

He stood over me with a curled lip. "I will be seeing you soon. Hopefully, I get answers. You will not speak about this to anyone or your sister will pay the price. And if you think I wouldn't know if you told, then know this: I always know." Voldemort disappeared, allowing me to realize that Snape had taken down the barriers preventing anyone from Disapparating in or out of the castle.

Snape undid my ropes and threw me and my wand at the bottom of the stairwell. Tears welled in my eyes as he turned away cruelly and walked back to his office. I brushed off the stinging in my knees and the cuts screaming at me and walked back to the common room.

As I passed Death Eaters guarding the halls, they only stared at me blankly, no words or sympathy looks. Silence. As I climbed through the Portrait hole, I looked around at my friends and Housemates. A few of my friends stared at me in horror.

I looked down at my hands and saw that they were shaking still. Blinking back tears, I briskly walked upstairs to my room. No one, thank Aslan, was in there. An almost invisible smile bloomed on my face. Finally, something that was recognizable. Nothing, even my own reflection was recognizable anymore. 

Speaking of my reflection, I looked at the mirror and was horrified at what I saw. My cheeks were shiny with patches of purple and green from where I was slapped. My face no longer had its barriers, showing how scared I felt.

You will not speak about this to anyone or you and your sister will pay the price. I shivered at the memory of his words. This was going to be the worst year ever. In all my years at Hogwarts, never have I ever wished vacation would come fast.

~

Eva shrieked the next morning at breakfast as I sat down next to her. Her small, childlike hands touched my face softly. "What happened Laure?" Her eyes glistening with tears. I hated when she had that look on her face. "It doesn't hurt." I lied, thinking of the painful rope burns on my wrists, waist, and ankles. That was the very reason I was wearing a sweater underneath my robe.

I felt a pair of eyes burning into my head and turned to see Snape giving me a dirty look. I gulped and looked away. It was obvious what his look screamed. Tell anyone and Eva's dead. I forced a smile on my face and continued to eat although my stomach already felt sick.

I sat in the middle of the room, taking in the darkness and disturbing posters. Amycus Carrow stood in the front of his new classroom. I kept looking at the First Years standing around nervously behind him. Amycus came forward. "Good morning Seventh Years. Today we will be practicing some spells that have been lacking in your education. I want you each to pick a First Year and practiced the Cruciatus Curse."

My mouth fell open. I was not doing this. I looked around and sent Neville and Luna a look before sending it to my fellow classmates. He glowered down at us. "Well? Get going!" He sickened me, telling us to torture eleven year-olds?

I ground my teeth as I spat, "Absolutely not." He jerked his head my way. His daggers faded as amusement crossed his face. He laughed in my face. "Laurel Collins, a Mudblood, refuses to take orders from a Pureblood?" He started to laugh again.

My teeth sharpened to pointed daggers. Literally. "Just because I do not actually have magic in my blood does not give you the right to treat me like the shitbag you are." He drew his wand and held it to my neck. I stared him down, not afraid of him.

"Say one more word and you'll be our test subject instead of the First Years." I narrowed my eyes at him. "You don't scare me." "Crucio!" I was sent backwards, twitching and writhing in pain. My friends and classmates watched in horror as I screamed and gripped my necklace. I put a thicker force field over me and sat up panting. A vein in his neck popped out. "Headmaster's office. Now." My confidence suddenly faded.

~

After being dragged there and forced to take my force field down, I was tied to a chair once again, cutting into my healing cuts again. Looks like I'll need more treatment. Snape circled me with a look of disgust. "You may think that your defiance is admirial Collins, but you are just plain irritating. No one likes to watch an insufferable know-it-all become a rebel." he drawled.

His words stung. I bit the inside of my lip, waiting to know what came next. Horror washed through me as he lifted his left sleeve and touched the Dark Mark tattooed onto his arm. He was summoning Voldemort.

He arrived not even five minutes later. "What is it Severus?" He pointed to me, giving Voldemort the opportunity to smile a most terrible smile. "Collins needs to be taught a lesson about discipline." I gulped hard as he drew his wand and came closer. "I'd be glad to. Crucio."