8- Dumbledore's Army

Chapter Inspiration:

- Story of My Life ~ One Direction

I blinked, trying to focus my vision. Aslan sat in front of me, smiling although the land we stood in now was cold and snowy. I bowed to Him and waited for Him to speak. "Laurel, I think you are trained enough that I can start to teach you about the history of Narnia.

I nodded, surprised that He thought that I was ready with two lessons. He must have sensed my surprise because He said, "You are ready my child. Now, onto the history." I sat down on the snowy ground and watched as a book appeared in front of me.

What amazed me even more was that He didn't even need a book. He spoke as though He knew literally everything about this amazing place. "You sense right Laurel. I know everything because I've seen everything."

I couldn't help but ask, "Can you read minds Aslan?" The Lion chuckled a deep laugh. "I guess you could say that..." I didn't know what He meant, but I dismissed the thought. I listened to Him as He told me about the creation of Narnia.

It amazed me that the Lion right in front of me had sung this world into creation. "My father, the Emperor-beyond-the-sea, created the Stone Table. That is where our headquarters will be when the time comes." I was surprised at this. "Your father?" He nodded. 

What's just as amazing is that a "Daughter of Eve" and a "Son of Adam" had witnessed it. "Are they still alive? Or did they stay here and die?" Aslan smiled a most mysterious smile. "Yes, they came back to Earth. But the children weren't the only ones that witnessed it Laurel. A horse and his owner were there... and the witch Jadis was there as well."

My eyes widened. "She also helped create part of Narnia actually. In Lantern Waste, there is a lamppost. She threw a bar from one at me and it grew into a lamp post." My eyes widened even more, if that was possible. "Jadis threw a lamppost bar at you? Please tell me she paid for it."

The Lion chuckled and shook His head. "No my child she didn't. But she will pay for what she has done to my kingdom. And when we have won the war, a king shall be crowned, for Narnia is never right unless a Son of Adam is king."

"Who will become king Aslan?" I asked. "I have forgotten; I have not told you the prophecy." I raised an eyebrow. "Prophecy? I'm all ears." Aslan chuckled before reciting;

"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,

At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,

When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,

And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone,

Sits at Cair Paravel in throne,

The evil time will be over and done."

I sat on the frozen ground and took it all in. There was silence for a while, how long I don't know. One line stuck in my head and wouldn't come out. "When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death." I murmured. He nodded and suddenly I was back in my room. I looked around the dark room to see my roommates still asleep.

I closed my eyes, hoping to go back to sleep. But there was no way that was going to happen.

~

I was so tired the next morning I almost feel asleep on my eggs. "Don't take this the wrong way Laure, but you look dreadful." Fred said, biting into his hash browns. I stuck my tongue out at him and took a bit of eggs.