92- Dark Dreams

Hey guys. 😞 I went back to school today. *cries* And I am not happy about it. Plus, it wasn't just any first day of school...it was my first day of high school!!! Let's just say that I was so worried for nothing really. My main fear was getting lost which did not happen. And my passionate hate for math rekindled with the homework and pre-test my teacher gave me. Anyway...enough about me. How are you, my lovely readers, doing on this fine September day? What, if you've had it yet, was your first day of school like? If you haven't gone back yet I'm thoroughly jealous of you.

I used Once Upon a Time references once or twice. My gosh, that show just amps up my feels like no other. Anyway, this chapter is full of chaos thanks to an annoying green mist...

Chapter Inspiration:

- Human ~ Christina Perri

- Lost At Sea ~ Zedd ft. Ryan Tedder

- Jesus Take The Wheel ~ Carrie Underwood

I gripped the edges of my hammock tightly as the boat crashed through the waves. Feeling sick again, I leaned down and vomited into the bucket beneath my bed. I wiped my mouth, holding onto the netting again as we continued to sail through the harsh weather. For the past two weeks, we've been sailing east, like Coriakin told us, and haven't seen any Blue Star or land.

Then again, we wouldn't be able to with the storm that has been raging on. I threw up again as the boat jerked violently. I groaned, feeling like death. Caspian and Edmund were with Drinian discussing who knows what and have been for hours. Lucy and Gael were probably having a sewing session and were too far away to help me. No one knew of my condition. I was on my own.

I squeezed my eyes shut, taking deep breaths. Wrinkling my nose, I realized that the place smelt of vomit, which was not something you want your bedroom to smell like. Especially one shared with two boys. I drew my wand out and conjured flowers, making them fly around the room to air out the vomit. When I could smell them enough, I casted a spell to rid of the vomit in my bucket. Just in time for me to use it again.

Footsteps echoed as two pairs of feet bounded down the steps. Caspian and Edmund stopped in front of the hammocks, studying the scene. Edmund sniffed, then furrowing his eyebrows. "Why does it smell girly in here?" I tried to hold the vomit back, but I ended up releasing it into the bucket. Both boys were at my side in an instant.

Caspian touched my arm, asking frantically, "Laurel, what's wrong?" I took a couple breaths before answering, "Just seasick. Nothing to worry about." Edmund walked around my hammock and retrieved my tea items. "How about some tea? That'll help." I shook my head, the mere thought of drinking something making me feel sick. "No thank you though, Ed. I don't think I can hold anything down at the moment."

I threw up again, panting. Edmund put my things back and then walked over to rub my back. "Why didn't tell anyone sooner, Laure? You're suffering!" Caspian sighed. I shook my head. "No, I'm not suffering and I didn't want to be a burden. You all are so busy and I didn't want to bother you." I vomited again. Edmund put his hand on my forehead, probably feeling for a temperature.

He frowned, retracting his hand. "Strange, you don't have a fever." I nodded. "My necklace protects me from sickness. Vomiting, sadly, is not covered." I pushed Caspian out of the way, throwing up into the bucket by my side. "I tried to make the room smell like flowers because I didn't think you'd want to smell vomit."

The boat rocked forward, sending us all with it. Edmund flew across the room, hitting the wall. Caspian, who was smart, held onto a post tightly. He was obviously used to this. I flew forward and off the hammock, falling to the ground. Both held me by an arm, helping me up. I muttered a thanks, getting back into my makeshift bed just in time to be sick again.