108- Flawed

I feel like I'm gonna throw up. This is the last chapter, but there's going to be an epilogue along with a preview for the sequel. Speaking of which, I'm a little nervous for the sequel, but I'm still gonna go through with it. Hopefully you'll like it, but if you don't, you just gotta wait until I refocus on the Pevensies/OCs again.

I've become so emotionally and mentally attached to these characters that it'll be hard to let me go. However, if I have the time and if you guys want, I might/will start a collection of Peter/Laurel oneshots that have to do with anything/everything from this book. Maybe I'll even throw in a few AU ones if you request one. ;)

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas around, but if you would like the Peter/Laurel oneshots, you gotta let me know.

Also, on the side or above (depending on whether you're mobile or not, I've added a lyric video from Youtube of "Flawed" by Bastille, the main inspiration for this book. I don't own the video nor the song. Both belong to their respected owners whom aren't me.

Chapter Inspiration:

- Flawed ~ Bastille

- So Small ~ Carrie Underwood

- See You Soon ~ Coldplay

- Backwards ~ Christina Perri

6 Months Later

I pulled the door open and was hit with heat, sound, and smell. It had been too long since I'd been to Hogsmede and even longer since I stepped foot into the Three Broomsticks. I rubbed my cold hands together as I took a seat at a vacant table in the back of the room. I pulled my bag up on the table and took out a few folders and started working on some paperwork as I waited for someone to take my order.

Since August, I had been upgraded to the position of Junior Assistant to the Minister. At first, I had flat-out refused the position. I was only twenty-two and there were people older and wiser than me. But Kingsley had insisted, saying that we needed younger and fresher minds on the reformation of the Ministry.

As it turns out, I was really happy that I had accepted the job. My old job was a bunch of paperwork at a desk. But my new job was not just paperwork, there were some times that I had to leave my office and go somewhere or do something for Kingsley.

I jumped as someone sat down across from me, my fingers reaching for my wand. The boy, I guess technically man, in front of me held his hands up in surrender. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. Now that I think about it, I should've asked before sitting down." I stared blankly at him. "Okay...what do you want?"

"Well, I want a lot of things in life, but I don't think that's what you meant." He chuckled. I narrowed my eyes at him, his snark putting me off a bit. He sighed, leaning back in the booth. "Well, I can see that you're in a good mood. Depressing paperwork?"

I cocked an eyebrow, taking in his features. He had black, curly locks and hazel eyes that gleamed with amusement. He also had a bit of stubble lining his face and dimples when he smirked/smiled. I hadn't decided on how old I thought he was, but he was around my age give or take a few years. "I don't know. Why do you care? And who are you?" The man smiled down at the table before holding out his hand to me.

"Jamie Fawley of the Daily Prophet." I froze, causing him to laugh. He had a nice, deep laugh, the kind that can be contagious at the right times and didn't seem to notice that I hadn't accepted his hand. "Don't worry, I'm not here to interview you or anything like that. I was just giving you my title." I relaxed, feeling quite relieved. "Laurel Collins, Junior Assistant to Minister Kingsley."