11- The Dream

Chapter Inspiration:

- When the Darkness Comes ~ Colbie Calliat

Dumbledore's Army was improving with each lesson. Christmas was nearing, which meant break was nearing as well. The night before leave, Harry called the last meeting of 2014. He had us lined up and dueling in a way.

"Working hard is important, but there’s something that matters even more: Believing in yourself." He walked around, encouraging us.

"Think of it this way. Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now: Students. If they can do it, why not us?"

"Expelliarmus." Neville called, flicking Padma Patil's wand out of her hand. I grinned at Neville. He had really improved. "Fantastic, Neville. Well done, man." Harry patted him on the back.

~

Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood in front of all of us. "So that’s it for this lesson. Now, we’re not gonna be meeting again until after the holidays. So just keep practicing on your own as best you can. And well done, everyone. Great, great work." I groaned. This had become so much fun I was sad that there was going to be a two week break.

Everyone grabbed their bag and went out the door. My bag under the Christmas tree, which the Room had placed there last week. "See you in the common room Harry." I smiled, waiting for Fred and George, who were giving him ideas to mess with Umbridge. They were horrid, but extremely awesome sounding.

I frowned as he rudely cut them off and walked over to Cho. They gave each other a weird look before walking with me. "He still likes her. She's kind of a nutter in my opinion." I grumbled under my breath. They chuckled. "Can you please use of one those on Umbridge? Preferably Puking Particles one." George grinned. "Filch was camped out in front of the door the last time and was waiting for us. We slipped him some chocolates that said they were from Umbridge. Full of Fever Fudge they were. You should've seen the way he looked when he though they were from her. Like a lovesick puppy."

I laughed loudly, enjoying the idea. I put an arm on Fred to steady me. "Oh...that is brilliant." I breathed. "When are you guys going to open up shop?" Fred shrugged, giving George the turn to talk. "Maybe next year. We have the money, thanks to Harry, we just need a bit more time to develop our products."

I nodded and turned towards the Fat Lady's Portrait. "Acid Pops." She opened the portrait and the three of us clambered through. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were waiting for me by the fireplace. "Night you two." They bid me goodnight and I sat down on a chair. "What's going on?"

"Harry went and snogged Cho." Hermione informed me. I raised my eyebrows. "Well, how was it?" Ron asked. "Wet. I mean, she was sort of crying." I grinned and joked, "That bad at it, are you?" He shot me a death look, only making me snicker.

"I’m sure Harry’s kissing was more than satisfactory. Cho spends half her time crying these days." Hermione said to no one in particular. "You’d think a bit of snogging would cheer her up." Ron smirked. I chuckled quietly, laying back in the leather chair.

"Don’t you understand how she must be feeling? Well, obviously she’s feeling sad about Cedric and confused about liking Harry and guilty about kissing him. Conflicted because Umbridge might sack her mum from the Ministry and frightened of failing her OWLs because she’s worrying about everything." Hermione rambled.

Ron, Harry, and I stared at her for a few seconds, before Ron said, "One person couldn’t feel all that. They’d explode." "Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon." Hermione retorted. There was silence for a minute before we all started laughing until our sides hurt. I don't know why or what was so funny but it felt nice. To hang out and laugh with friends, forgetting about Voldemort and the major problems looming over our heads. It felt...almost normal.