67- Found

Chapter Inspiration:

- Everytime We Touch ~ Cascada 

- For the First Time ~ Tarzan (Original Broadway Cast) 

Peter shoved his head through and looked down at me sheepishly and horrified. He pulled me up, not letting my hands go. "I am so sorry. I thought the wall was solid." I wanted to know what he had been planning to do, but ignored it. "What is this place?" I asked, even though he probably didn't know the answer.

It was dark, even though little light shined through the ivy leaves. Exasperated, I pulled out my wand. "Lumos." In the light, I watched Peter's expression turn from puzzled to amazed. I led the way, limping slightly, as we walked through the cavern.

I heard noise come from another part of the cavern and stopped, before going forward. It sounded like water. Peter stood next to me and watched with a confused look as we came to a large pool of water with a smallish waterfall. Rock walls blocked the area on the sides, making it similar to a swimming pool.

I walked to the far right, away from the pool, only to discover another one on the other side of the wall. "There's one here as well. I didn't know Narnia had caverns like this." I thought for a moment, going super nerdy for a moment. "They must have formed due to pressure or erosion of this water that connects to the Great River." I called to Peter. "It's kind of like a huge bathroom." he laughed. I chuckled and dropped my stuff to the ground.

He furrowed his blond eyebrows, looking absolutely adorable. "What're you doing?" I shrugged and pulled of my boots, cringing when I got to my left shoe. Although the swelling and other crap my foot took was gone, it was still a sprained ankle.

"How is your foot?" He asked, touching it lightly. Tingles spread through my body. "Better." I said, mentally cursing myself for how uneven my voice sounded. He chewed his lower lip for a minute, before saying, "I wanna show you something." Peter unbuttoned his brown shirt and took off his blue undershirt.

I gasped quietly for two reasons; a) Peter was freaking ripped, like I predicted, but looked even hotter in reality, and b) He had large purple bruises scattering his upper body. I gently touched the biggest one on his side.

He tensed, but relaxed as I rubbed it with my thumb. "What the hell happened?" I whispered, enjoying the feeling of my skin on his. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, staying quiet. I gave him a look, my hand never leaving his torso.

Peter sighed and looked away from me. I hope he doesn't want me to stop. "I was in a fight." My eyes widened. Peter did not peg me to be one of those boys who liked fighting. I cringed mentally, thinking of Seamus. "It'd been hard adjusting back in England. I missed this place so much and being a king for so long made me forget what life was like to not be treated like royalty. Some assholes took advantage of my weakness." He chuckled bitterly.

Relief flooded through me. Of course he was nothing like Seamus. Suddenly, I felt the urge to kiss the marks on his skin, but fought against my will. My body ached to do it, but I ignored it. "I'm sorry. I know how it feels to come back to a place that felt like a dream. It's like a slap to the face. Although, I can't imagine what it was like to go back and not be royalty." I told him softly.

He smiled down at me. "If you don't mind me asking, what changed? The last time we saw you, I had to force you out of your room just to spend time with us." I bit my lip and chuckled softly, embarassed. "I'm sorry about that. Really sorry. Lying to you lot felt like a stab to the heart with every lie. I couldn't take it. I thought it would be easier if I stayed away, but it just made me feel worse. Being in the dungeons made me rethink everything. I want to make it up to you all." Well...that was half of the truth. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to tell him the other reason. Most likely it was because of my pride and/or the fear of being rejected by him.