105- 3/22

I'M SO SORRY GUYS. 😥

Chapter Inspiration:

- Stay ~ Rhianna

- Daylight ~ Maroon 5

- See You Again ~ Carrie Underwood

- Miles ~ Christina Perri

- Won't Go Home Without You ~ Maroon 5

- Sad Song ~ Christina Perri

- Lost At Sea ~ Zedd ft. Ryan Tedder

On Tuesday morning, I woke up with a pounding headache. I gasped, clutching my head. Peter, half asleep, touched my arm. "What is it?" he croaked. I laid down, squeezing my eyes shut. "Agh. M-My head." I moaned.

He leaned over me, full-on doctor mode. "Where does it hurt?" The pounding intensified and I cried out. "Laurel!" Peter shook me, panic clear in his voice. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I curled up in a fetal position. "That's it, I'm calling an ambulance." He exclaimed, reaching for his iPhone. "No!" I cried. My eyes shot open as my hand reached out. The phone went flying across the room, luckily not shattering.

He stared at me in horrified awe. My own mouth hung open. "I-I'm sorry. I don't know how or why I did that." Peter shook his head and kneeled in front of me. "It's alright. My guess is that your headache, or whatever it is, is affecting your ability to mentally cast spells." The pain vanished suddenly, but I was afraid of when it would come back.

"I-It's gone. For now. We don't need to go to the hospital. I'm okay." I said, a little uncertain. Peter watched me with an uneasy look. "Drink some tea. It'll help." he ordered. I nodded and got up from the bed. I walked to the kitchen and stared to prepare myself a quick batch. When I was done, I walked back to the bedroom with a mug in hand.

The room suddenly started to spin and I felt dizzy. The cup fell out of my hand and broke. My knees buckled and I threw up. Peter raced to the doorway. "Laurel! Are you alright? What happened?" He asked, his voice echoing and becoming hard to hear. I squinted as he became blurry, trying to see him clearer. A sharp, piercing pain hit my head again and I clutched it, crying out.

I fell backwards and blacked out.

~

I awoke to a cool cloth on my forehead along with the image of Peter standing over me wearing odd clothing. His eyes held concern and fear in them and it worried me. He smiled weakly when he realized I was awake. "What the hell happened?" I mumbled sleepily. I rubbed my eyes and really looked at him. "What are you wearing?"

He smiled briefly before replying, "That depends. What do you remember?" I thought for a moment. "All of it. Do you think I'm sick? That I have some sort of disease?" He started pacing, his fist pressed against his mouth.

"I'm not entirely sure. It's definitely not food poisoning or anything like the common cold. No, your tea would've fixed that. Hell, it should've prevented this. When was the last time you were sick?" I bit my lip, trying to think. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Not since I was a little kid. Peter, not since I was eight." He paled significantly and stopped pacing. "I'm sure there's a good explanation for all this." he assured. A few tears leaked down my face. "Ever heard of Occum's Razor? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Simplest is that I'm dying. Game over."

He crouched down in front of me and gripped my head between his hands. "Please. Stop it, Laure. You're sick and that's all there is to know right now." His eyes formed tears as his thumb wiped away mine. "You're going to he alright. I promise." I kissed his palm, sniffling.