100- Injured

Yay chapter 100! 😁 *throws confetti and glitter everywhere* If you understand the gif on the side I love you.

I'm so sorry for the long wait (ughhh!) I've been literally writing whenever I can while still trying to make it good. This week has been busy, too, with projects, tests/quizzes, field day, and homecoming. I can't handle all this work. 😞

Chapter Inspiration:

- Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast Cast (lol I had to)

- Animals ~ Maroon 5

- Eyes Open ~ Taylor Swift

2020

I was in the middle of a meeting when I got a phone call. Blushing hard, I excused myself and scampered into the hallway, answering it. "Pete, not to sound rude, but this really isn't a good time, love." I tapped my heel on the tiled floor, a bit impatient. "I'm sorry, Laure, but this is important. I need to know if it's okay for Lucy and Edmund to stay with us for a bit. My mum and dad are going out of the country again and Susan's busy."

My eyebrows rose in surprise. That was a bit out of nowhere. Smiling, I nodded, then remembered that he couldn't see me. Good job, dork. "Yeah, of course! What time are they coming over?" "Seven, I think my mum said? I'll get back to you on that." I looked back into the conference room and could tell I needed to go. "Okay, I'll talk to you later. Love you." "Love you, too. Good luck at your conference." I hung up and went back to the meeting, excited that Lu and Ed were coming over.

~

Luckily, I didn't need to be in my office for the rest of the day, so when the meeting was done, I locked my office, putting an enchantment over it, just in case, and walked to the fireplaces, going home. I arrived in our flat's fireplace and stepped out, thankfully not covered in soot. My heels click-clacked against the wood floor as I walked into the main room, finding Peter on the couch.

"Hey." I called, taking off my heels and sending them, along with my purse, into the bedroom. He turned, smiling wide at me. "Hey, love. I thought you wouldn't be home for another couple hours." I shrugged, padding into the kitchen to grab a snack. "Well, there was really no reason for me to stay. And someone has to ready the guest room for your siblings."

I caught Peter's scowl as I walked back into the room with a box of oreos in hand. Exasperated, I commented, "If I walk into that room right now, are you telling me it'll be ready to host guests?" We stared each other down, me with an eyebrow raised and an oreo in hand and Peter trying to look confident.

I smirked, biting into another cookie. I could read read him like a book; his eyes said everything I needed to know. "They said the eyes are the windows to the soul, Pete." As I sauntered into the guest room, Peter mumbled something about girls being too perceptive and nosy. Setting my oreos on the beside table, I set to work; putting clean sheets and pillow cases on the bed, magically cleaning the bathroom, and doing other things I felt needed to be done.

~

Peter was cooking in the kitchen when the doorbell rang. I threw the blanket off of my legs, carefully putting my book on the table, and sprinted to get the door. I jumped up and down, Peter walking towards me with a goofy smile. He ruffled my hair, causing me to scowl, and opened the door. "Hello, sir." he said awkwardly.

I poked my head under his arm and saw that it wasn't Edmund and Lucy, but some neighbor. "Just stopped by to give you this. Was put in my mailbox on accident." he said. I took it, seeing that it was just some crap bills. "Thank you, Mr. Beck. Have a goodnight." Mr. Beck, whom I had no idea who he was, nodded and left.