85- Muggle Date

Chapter Inspiration:

- Miles ~ Christina Perri

I stared back at myself in the mirror, seeing how nervous I looked. Unfortunately, this only increased my nerves. Peter was physically coming to my house today to pick me up. He was taking me to a movie and then out to lunch.

I wasn't nervous for the date, no, I was nervous about my parents' reactions and questions that were bound to come up. A knock sprung from my door and Harry poked his head in. "Peter's here." I smiled and grabbed my bag, following him out. As I came down the stairs, I found Peter hugging Eva, hearing them whisper a conversation back and forth.

I smiled at Peter as I walked up to him. He engulfed me in his arms and placed a kiss on the top of my head. When we stopped hugging, I turned to see my parents watching Peter. Harry and Eva darted their eyes back and forth between our parents and us.

"Mum, Dad, this is Peter. Pete, my mum and dad." I broke the silence, gesturing as I spoke. Peter moved forward and held his hand out to shake someone's. "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Collins." Peter smiled politely. Mum smiled back and shook it. "You as well, Peter. We've heard a lot about you." Dad mustered a smile and shook Peter's hand.

I laced my fingers through his and said, "Well, we'll be back sometime before dinner." Peter opened the door and said to my parents, "Have a nice day." Mum stood in the doorway and waved. "Have fun." As we got into the car, Peter opening the door for me like the gentleman he was, I grinned. "You have my mother's approval. I can tell."

Peter sighed, relieved. "What about your dad?" I shrugged. "I honestly have no idea. But if he didn't keep me home, then that is a good sign. I heard Harry praising you, which is also a good thing." Peter looked surprised. "Really? I thought he didn't like me." I snorted. "If he didn't like you, then we wouldn't be in your car nor would you have kneecaps facing the right way." He laughed, starting the car up.

~

As we sat down in the quite dark theater, I opened up my Sno-caps. Peter, who had popcorn drizzled with butter, raised an eyebrow. "I've never had a Sno-Cap before." I mocked a gasp and popped open in his mouth. I stifled a laugh as his eyebrows raised in surprise. Peter grabbed the box from my hand and shook at least seven into his mouth.

"I take it that you like them." I teased. He nodded, pointing to the screen as the advertisments started rolling. I rested my head against his shoulder and watched the screen. Peter bent his head low and murmured, "It's so queer doing normal Muggle things with you." I laughed softly and nodded.

"Tell me about it. I keep expecting Talking Animals to pop out and wait on us." Peter smiled briefly, hiding the pain in his eyes. Or at least attempting to. I rubbed his arm and whispered an apology. He left a butterfly kiss on my temple and looked back up at the screen, where the movie was starting.

~

As we walked out of the theater, hand in hand, I watched the dismal sky above. I frowned. "It was so nice out." Peter looked up and sighed. "English weather." I chuckled and watched as we approached the car. Being the gentleman he was, Peter opened the car door for me, mock bowing. "Milady." I smiled and curtseyed, getting in. "Why thank you, Milord."

Peter jogged around to the driver's seat and turned on the car. He had one hand on the stearing wheel and the other on my leg. "You know, there's something I wanna tell you, but it should probably wait until we are in the restaurant." I turned to look at him better. "No, Pete, tell me now. What is it?" He shook his head, biting his lip as if to tell me his lips were sealed.

"Is it good news?" He nodded. As we parked and walked a little way, I continued to pester him with questions. I stopped as we came in front of the hostess. She showed us to our table, leaving us alone.