10- Narnian History

I need some serious help with these playlists. Submit songs if you can think of any.

Chapter Inspiration:

- Strangers Like Me ~ Tarzan (Original Broadway Cast)

"Good evening  Aslan." I smiled. The Lion nodded His head in return. "Today Daughter of Eve, I am going to share with you the knowledge of the Old Dynasty." I scrunched my nose in confusion. "Like the Chinese?"

He chuckled. "Not exactly. It's just the name of the time before this winter. It started the year 1 and was ruled by King Frank I, the ex-cabby, and Queen Helen, his wife. The reign lasted for about 900 years, ruled by the descendants of Frank I and Helen. Jadis invaded around 900 and killed many people, wiping out the entire royal family."

I frowned. This White Witch was the definition of horrible.

"Has anyone tried to overthrow her?" I asked. Aslan nodded His head. "About 34 years ago, a rebellion arose, but failed. Many of those soldiers were killed." I frowned again. "We're going to overthrow her, just you wait." The Lion smiled. "I have no doubt. With your tactics and our new rulers' leadership, it will be a great battle."

I cocked my head, realizing I was still confused. "Uh Aslan? When is this great battle and who are the Kings and Queens again?" He chuckled. "All in good time my child. You need to get a feel for battle first." I huffed, blowing my hair away from my face. "So when can I fight someone?"

"Patience grasshopper. You have need more experience." I gave Aslan an odd look. "Did you just quote some kung fu movie from Earth?" The Lion laughed and nodded. "We are done for now."

~

I was sat in Umbridge's class, restraining myself from ripping someone's hair out. And it sure as hell wasn't going to be mine. She walked down an aisle and told us, "You will please copy the approved text four times to ensure maximum retention. There will be no need to talk."

"No need to think’s more like it." Hermione mumbled. I snickered at her comment. Neville had his wand drawn out and was practicing his wand waving.  "Expelliarmus." "Wands away." Umbridge called to him. I rolled my eyes and continued writing.

 I was on my way to the library when I heard this—

"Those wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit may sign up in the high inquisitor’s office."

I wrinkled my nose and continued walking. Inquisitorial Squad? More like Irritating Squad. I noticed Malfoy talking with his friends and heard him say something about it. I wouldn't be surprised if those airheads joined.

I saw Harry ahead of me and ran to catch up. "Hey. What's tonight's lessons gonna be? I want to make sure I already know it." I winked. He chuckled and shrugged mysteriously. "Maybe I know. Maybe I don't."

I shoved him playfully. "Aw come on Harry. Don't make me beat your ass like I did Corner." He laughed this time. "That was pretty funny. Is Ginny still mad at you?" I nodded glumly. I missed my friend. "It's not my fault that her boyfriend tried to beat up a girl and totally embarrassed himself. Who tries to beat up a girl anyway? That's just messed up."

He laughed again. "Come on. That Charms homework won't do itself."

~

I stood next to Hermione in one of the two lines that outline the sides of the room. Harry stood at one end with Nigel at the other. "Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It’s a wizard’s bread and butter, really. So come on, then, Nigel. Give it your best shot."

The Third Year stared at Harry for a few seconds, before stepping forward and saying, "Stupefy!" Both Harry and Nigel fell backwards. Harry sat up and gave the kid a thumbs up. "Good. Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done."

Harry motioned for Ron and Hermione to go next. I heard the Weasley twins snigger, making me curious. What were those insane twins I loved so much up to? "Don’t worry. I’ll go easy on you." Ron told Hermione.

Hermione looked slightly offended. "Thanks, Ronald." Ron and Hermione stood where Harry and Nigel had. "One Sickle." George whispered. "You’re on." Fred told him. I snickered again. They just made this interesting.

Ron opened his mouth to cast, but Hermione was quicker. "Stupefy." She said. Ron fell backwards, whimpering. I shoved my fist in my mouth to prevent laughing. Ron's temper was ghastly, and it wasn't going to help that he just got beat up by a girl. "Thank you." 

"Shut up." I heard one of the twins give another the money. I didn't know who because my focus was on Ron, who walked over to us.

"I let her do that. It’s good manners, isn’t it? It was completely intentional." Fred crossed his arms and harrumphed.

Harry was lining us up to practice Expelliarmus. I stood behind Hermione, who was my target. "Now, focus on a fixed point and try again." Harry told someone. He walked over to Eva and watched her. "Expelliarmus." Her target, Ron, flew backwards.

He beamed at her and gave her a fist bump. "Very good. Keep your concentration." He kept walking around and giving people feedback. "Great." "A little higher." I rolled my eyes as he held Cho's hand higher.

She stopped concentrating and looked at Harry. She fired, sending Nigel flying. Ron winced as he hit the ground. I stopped casting and went over to Nigel to lend him a hand. "Are you alright?" He shot up and patted down his sweater. "I’m okay. I’m okay." I chuckled and went back to Hermione.

Harry had us form a circle, with a mannequin in the middle. It had a wand and looked the same, but this time it had a wheel under it to move. "Alright, I want you to pretend that this is a Death Eater. Cast a spell of your choice at it. Eva would you do the honors?"

My little sister grinned at him and looked back at the mannequin. "Stupefy." The "Death Eater" rolled backwards and in front of Ron. "Stupefy!" It went to Nigel, who chose a different spell. "Diminuendo." The mannequin turned puny and started to run around again. Luna waved her wand, "Stupefy." It rolled over to me next and I thought quickly, "Flipendo!"

Harry stared at me in awe. "You got that from Lupin!" I nodded, grinning.

The mannequin shot backwards towards Ginny. "Reducto." The metal "Death Eater" exploded and turned to...coal dust? Harry beamed at her. We might actually have a shot at this.