37- Tea Party with the Royals

I'm going to be out of the country for the next few days and PROBABLY won't have internet access. But if I do, then see you in two days. If not, then I'll be back on Monday. Ciao xx.

Chapter Inspiration:

- Just Say Yes ~ Snow Patrol

- See You Soon ~ Coldplay

When I had the time, I bathed at the river and changed into Narnian clothes that didn't weigh half my own weight. It took about five hours to pack up the camp. Luckily, I didn't have much stuff. I had my bow, quiver, sword, and wand on me which was about 1/3 of it. I was given a knapsack to pack away clothes.

Strapping my total of two bags to Aspera's saddle, I mounted and saw Peter walking towards me. I gulped and gave him a weak smile. "Hey." I called. He smiled up at me. "Hey yourself." "Done packing are you?" He nodded towards Ed, Phillip, and some Horse. I nodded and bit my lip. "Has Aslan told you when the coronation is?" He nodded again and gave me an excited smile.

"Tomorrow at noon." My eyes widened, secretly feeling despair and melancholy. I put on a fake smile and gave him a thumbs up. "Fantastic. Can't wait." Peter cocked his head suspiciously, not convinced. Oh crap.

He stepped closer, resting a hand on my ankle. The contact sent electric volts through me. "Are you nervous? What's going through that pretty little head of yours?" I blushed, instantly feeling weak. I cleared my throat and shifted in Aspera's saddle.

"Yes um I'm a little jumpy to get to Cair Paravel." I lied. I mentally cringed. What's with all the lying I've been doing lately? Usually, I only lie when necessary. This is necessary. Unless you want to be burned alive or worse. I chided myself.

Peter smiled up at me. I decided that his smile, along with the rest of him, was dazzling. "Ever been to a castle before?" I tossed around the idea. I could say yes right? That didn't reveal anything. "I actually have." I told him, realizing I visited old castles when I went to Versailles, France during the summer of 2013.

He raised an eyebrow and grinned. "The four of us are having tea in my room later tonight. Will you come, too? I'd think everyone would appreciate seeing a familiar face." I gave him a shy smile and shrugged, deciding to tease him.

I quietly nudged Aspera to move. Peter watched me walk away and frowned. "Hey!" I couldn't help but laugh. I shot him a wink and said, "We'll see, Pevensie. We will see." He scowled at me playfully and shook his head before heading over to Edmund.

I chuckled and walked over to Aslan, still atop of Aspera. "When will we be heading out?" He looked up at me with elated golden eyes. "In a few minutes I should think. You can get a head start if you so wish." I nodded and Aspera started to walk again.

In a matter of minutes, I was alone in the forest with Aspera, taking in the quietness and serenity the forest was radiating. I closed my eyes and breathed the fresh air in deeply. I kept them closed for a few minutes, moving up and down as Aspera picked up a trot.

I heard a rustling behind me and opened my eyes immediately, drawing my sword. I jerked around and saw Susan and Lucy looking at me in alarm. I gulped and sheathed Fortis, feeling slightly stupid. "Sorry, you startled me."

Susan nodded and got her Horse walking. Lucy trailed after her, sending me a smile. I gave her a weak one, realizing something. If two of the four Pevensies are here that means—

"Hey Laurel! Thought you would sneak ahead, eh? You can't fool us." Ed grinned, stopping next to me on Phillip. I swallowed the lump in my throat and gave him a genuine smile. "I can try." I told him honestly. "But you won't succeed." Another voice finished.