22- Hogsmede

So sorry for the wait. For some reason I couldn't think of a song for this. Also, I had an extremely busy schedule this week full of crap. T.G.I.F! :)

Chapter Inspiration:

- 20 Years of Snow ~ Regina Spektor

A few weeks before Christmas, we had the pleasure of going to Hogsmede. I asked Eva if she wanted to come under the Invisibility Cloak, but she declined. "I have a lot of work to do before the holidays." I shrugged and ran to the courtyard.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were waiting for me, shivering in the cold. As we started to walk, I noticed how pretty Hogwarts looked with snow covering it. I tripped in the deep snow and almost came crashing down, had it not been for Harry, who grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"Thanks." I smiled, my breath visible in the cold air. He nodded and trudged through the bitter weather. Hermione thought that this would be a great time to talk about the Half-Blood Prince. "For weeks you carry around this book, practically sleep with it...and you have no desire to find out who The Half-Blood Prince is?"

"I didn't say I wasn't curious. And, by the way, I don't sleep with it." He snipped. I snorted, remembering Ron telling me that he in fact does. Ron chortled sarcastically before saying, "Yeah. Right." Harry glared at him as he continued.

"Well, it's true. I like a nice chat before I go to bed. Now you're always reading that bloody book. It's like being with one of the girls." Hermione glared at him as I elbowed him. "Ouch!" I smirked and kept walking.

"Well, I was curious. So I went to—" "The library." The three of us finished for her. Harry motioned for her to go on. "And?" Hermione sighed. "And...nothing. There's no reference to the Half-Blood Prince anywhere." I frowned.

"Good. That settles it then." Harry stated. Hermione and I started to object when Hagrid walked over. "Hey, you four!" Immediately, I felt guilty for not taking Care of Magical Creatures this year. There were too many classes I wanted to take more than that. And to be honest...after the Blasted Screws...I didn't care for the subject anymore.

Luckily, he didn't say anything about it, either that or Hermione made him forget about it by asking, "What've you got there, Hagrid?" Hagrid tipped open the bag, displaying its contents. I couldn't, and nor could anyone else apparently, help but grimace. Hagrid chuckled at our expressions.

"It's Stinksap. Burn the whiskers right off yer chin. Trees 'ere are drippin' with it." I frowned. Why did he want that? "Stinksap? You're not sick, are you?" Hermione asked worriedly. Hagrid shook his head no. "It's not fer me. It's fer Aragog. Yeh remember Aragog, don' yeh?"

Ron flinched, looking spooked. That was not a great experience. I think Ron became more afraid of spiders after that little trip to the Forbidden Forest when we were 12. "Spider? About six feet tall? Ten
feet wide?"

He nodded. "Tha's the one. He's taken ill. I'm hopin' ter nurse 'im back. Keep yer fingers crossed." Hagrid crossed his fingers. Ron grinned, obviously forced, and did the same. Our large friend shook his and disappeared back into the trees.

"Barking. Does he not remember that raving arachnid tried to eat us? What?" Ron furrowed his eyebrows at Hermione. She nodded towards Aurors. "I know they're here to protect us, but...somehow I don't feel any safer." I nodded, trying to seem understanding. I felt a billion times safer with my necklace and its force fields compared to a mass of Aurors.

Harry looked over my shoulder, spying something. I turned to see Slughorn talking to Flitwick. He turned to us and said, "Who's up for a Butterbeer?" I raised my eyebrows but nodded. What was my new brother up to?