5- Lessons and Enemies

Chapter Inspiration:

- Mean ~ Taylor Swift

Voices in darkness. That's the first thing I could see and hear. They seemed to be arguing, why though was unclear to me. I wished they wouldn't, it was making my head hurt.

"You are being ridiculous of course You-know-Who didn't do this to her!" A voice scoffed.

"Did you not see her that night? She was shaking, pretty much vibrating! And screaming in pain. Laurel was being tortured by him! Even Dumbledore said so!" A second voice raged.

"Would you all quiet down? Or I'll send you on your way! Your nonsense probably isn't helping Miss Collins's head." A third voice ordered sternly.

Miss Collins? That's me! Where am I? Light filled my gaze, my eyes opening. I saw a tall, white ceiling above me with light shining through.

I lifted my aching head and saw I was in the hospital wing. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny were sat in front of me. Madam Pomfrey was milling about, tending to other injured students.

"Shut up you lot, she's awake!" Hermione scolded, turning her attention to me.

Everyone looked at me, shutting up. "How are you feeling?" George asked, placing a hand on my arm. "Okay, I told you guys not to bring me here. I'm fine."

Everyone protested at the same time, saying how wrong I was. Madam Pomfrey came back and shushed them. "You are not helping her head. Here, drink this." She handed me a glass and I downed it.

Instantly, my head felt better. I sighed loudly and rested back. "So what happened when I passed out?" I asked, feeling comfortable under the sheets of the bed.

"Well, I kinda started to panic and Snape, of course, thought you were faking. Dumbledore told us to immediately take you here." Harry explained.

I cringed. "How long have I been out for?"

Ron took over this time. "Since last night, it's about 10 am right now. Will she be able to make it to Defense Against the Dark Arts later this afternoon?" Madam Pomfrey nodded and continued whatever she was doing.

The world became blurry and darker, as if the had a lamp shade over it. I squinted at my friends, trying to make out their faces better.

"Laurel, are you alright?" Ginny asked, her voice sounding muffled. I closed my eyes, seeing that they weren't helping. Thanks eyes.

"Alright, the drink is starting to affect your body. Off you all go, we don't need any rowdy behavior keeping Miss Collins from recovering." Madam Pomfrey demanded, shooing my friends from my side.

"Sweet dreams Laurel." Fred smiled. I gave him a small one in return, before I was out like a light.

I felt the ground beneath me and realized that I was laying in frozen grass. In Narnia. A grin spread across my face from the sheer euphoria of being here.

I sat up and turned around, to find Aslan sitting a few feet away from me. I bowed to Him, well as best a person could in a sitting position, and observed the place I was beginning to feel fond of.

I frowned, seeing snow cover most of the area and my breath becoming a frosty mist in front of my face. "What's happening Aslan?"

He sighed, looking around miserably. "The source of the winter is getting stronger."

"What's the source again?" I asked. "Not what, who." He replied, still not answering my question.

"Okay," I shrugged, not really caring. "Who is the source of the winter?" "Jadis, the White Witch and tyrant of Narnia. She possess the power to wield magic, like you, but it's a very different kind of magic. That is why I want you to keep your powers quiet when you are here. You don't know what could happen if anyone found out."