29- The Traitor

Sorry I haven't updated sooner. Literally this entire week has been hectic. A lot of it had to do with my Confirmation last night. :) This chapter was particularly hard for a song because all the betrayal/treachery songs I Googled came up having to do with love. xD This betrayal is NOT about love. Anyways, I reached 1k views last chapter and HOLY GAUCAMOLE. I've never had a story with so many reads. You guys are awesometasticaful. (A word of my own invention that means really awesome, fantastic, and wonderful.) I'll shut up now. Ciao xx.

Chapter Inspiration:

- The End Where I Begin ~ The Script

After explaining and demonstrating my new power to Harry, we went to Dumbledore, who was extremely fascinated by it. When we were done, he reminded Harry about doing something tonight. When we left he started to explain Slughorn's memory. Hermione and I got extremely curious so we went to the library.

Now we were walking along a corridor. "So did you find anything?" I shook my head, frustrated. "Nothing. I'm guessing that whatever books that contained information on them, they've been thrown out." Hermione told Ron and Harry.

"At least we have Dumbledore. He's our very own walking, talking encyclopedia." I said, trying to boost everyone's mood. The clock tower chimed loudly. As we crossed the courtyard, I noticed Harry looking at something. "What is it Harry?"

He turned around and then started to walk in stride with me. "Is the Room of Requirement unplottable?" I frowned and thought for a moment. "If one wants it to be. Why?" "It would explain why I thought Malfoy was leaving the castle when he disappeared off the Map. He was going to the Room of Requirement." Hermione nodded her head.

"Of course, and that explains the Vanishing Cabinet as well!" "No. I got an owl from Dad this morning. The one at Borgin & Burke's? It's still there." Ron told us. "But I'm telling you. I saw it—" Harry told him firmly. He stopped and watched as the Patil twins walked by.

Harry looked at them and then back at me. "What if there are two? Vanishing cabinets." I nodded, deciding it was logical. "That'd make sense." Hermione piped up, "But, so what if there are?" He frowned. "I don't know..."

We came to a stand point, in front of the Astronomy Tower, we couldn't go on now. "Good luck, mate." Ron told him, shoving his hands into his pockets. I stepped forward and hugged him. "Be careful." I whispered in his ear. He ruffled my hair, making me scowl.

I bit my lip nervously as he kept walking, sending us a reassuring smile. "I don't need luck. I'll be with Dumbledore." I knew that should've made me feel better, but it didn't. None of us had any idea of what to expect.

~

I tapped my foot on the ground while I stared front into the glowing fireplace, wringing my hands. "Laurel, tapping your foot and glaring at the fire won't make you feel better." Hermione advised. "It's better than being still." I told her evenly. More than anything, I wanted something to take my mind off worrying about Harry.

Reading or homework didn't do me any good. Sleeping was definitely out of the question. I wish I had my sword or bow. That'd be something to do. It's a shame I already had that duel with Oreius. I walked over to the window and peered out. Dark clouds started to roll in.

I could feel it in my gut, like a sixth sense, that something bad was going to happen tonight. After all, the main adventure that happens per year always happens in June. What month is it? Oh yeah, June. I wrung my hands together and sat down next to Hermione and Ron. "I hope they're alright." I murmured, watching the fire.

"Does anyone else feel like...something bad is going to happen?" Hermione asked in a low voice. I looked over her shoulder and saw Eva and Erin talking and laughing. A ghost of a smile appeared on my lips. "Yeah." I said quietly.