31- Adventure Time

GUESS WHAT THIS IS. :D Happy Mother's Day to all mothers. Enjoy!

Chapter Inspiration:

- Evacuating London ~ Harry Gregson-Williams

I sat down on the edge of my bed a couple hours later. Today's activities definitely wore me out. "Get some sleep Laurel." Hermione offered softly. I looked over at her and nodded curtly, getting under the covers. "He's doing it to protect you and Eva." She said sternly.

I sat up and glowered at her. "Oh yeah? And who's gonna protect you? You're gonna be on a wild goose chase, running around who knows where trying to find who knows what. At least having me with you would keep you lot safe." Hermione shook her head pitifully. "I'm sorry Laure, but Harry's right." I gave my friend a dirty look and laid back down against my bed and tried to fall asleep.

~

That night, I couldn't sleep a wink. I tossed and turned, feeling hot under the covers. Maybe should I get up? No, I'll be up early double checking that I have everything. I don't want to be a grouch to everyone. I looked at the clock on the wall and read that it was 3:22 a.m. (A/N: You won't need to know this soon, but this is an important number at the very end of the story.) I sighed quietly and turned onto my back.

I closed my eyes and suddenly heard the unmistakable roar of a lion. I shot up and looked around. If I've learned anything the past six years, it's that there is no such thing as coincidences. That roar was none other than Aslan, I was sure of it. Did it mean that I was going to Narnia now? An hour? I was fed up with the waiting. I slammed back against the mattress and closed my eyes and somehow slept for a few hours.

~

In the morning, I woke up and changed into a purple t-shirt, jeans, converse, and a blue hoodie. I slid my wand into my sleeve after shoving my hair in a messy bun. My trunk sat on my bed, open with everything packed. I remembered I needed a book for the train ride, so I rummaged around for my latest read. "Where is that bloody book?" I muttered to myself. I got on all fours and looked around.

I checked my wardrobe and couldn't find it. I stepped backwards and tripped on my own two feet, being the classy human being I am. I reached out for the bedpost, but was unable to find it. Thinking I was going to hit the floor, I reached out for the wood floor.

But what I hit was nowhere near wood floor. A soft, crunching sound rang out as I fell to the ground. I blinked a couple times and realized that I was surrounded by a wintry field and it was snowing. I was definitely not in Hogwarts or England anymore. I knew exactly where I was and was elated. I sat up, snow dusting the back of my clothing.

Unfortunately, I was still wearing my other clothes, so I didn't know where my sword and other Narnian things were. I looked around and spotted something ahead. Hearing noises, I decided to follow it, hoping it wasn't the White Witch's campsite. If it was, I was definitely dead.

As I got closer, I saw different kinds of creatures, ones that Aslan told me would be on our side and in my army. Fauns, Centaurs, Naiads, Dryads, Dogs, Eagles, Gryphons, I could name them all. I saw Oreius and smiled widely. Finally! A familiar face that won't stare at me strangely. "Captain Oreius!" I called to the large Centaur.

He jerked his head and saw me, slightly surprised. He saluted me and said, "General, I have anxiously been awaiting your arrival." I chuckled and shook my head. "Probably not as anxious as me. Where is Aslan? Have the Daughters of Eve and Sons of Adam arrived yet?"