48- The Plan Part 2

Chapter Inspiration:

- Healing Incantation ~ Mandy Moore

- Drink With Me ~ Les Miserables 2012 cast

They flew swiftly through the sky sending spells in the Order's way. I watched as duels zoom by, ducking to miss them. I saw Harry draw out his wand, obviously hoping to help someone. "Hagrid! We’ve got to help the others!" Harry shouted over the winds.

"Can’t do it, ‘arry. My job’s ter get you an' Laurel where we’re goin’ safe ‘n sound—Mad-Eye’s orders!" Hagrid shouted back. Four Death Eaters flew our way, causing panic to rise in me. "'Old on Laurel! We're goin' te speed things up a bit." I squawked in reply and got a head start.

I swooped down and pecked at a Death Eater and soared upwards in a spiral arc, avoiding the dark curses sent my way. I watched, flying swiftly, as Hagrid pushed a button, sending fire out the back and zooming ahead.

Somehow, I managed to keep up. "What was that?" Harry asked loudly. "Dragon fire!" Hagrid replied. I turned my head and saw more Death Eaters pursuing us. When I turned back I saw the roads ahead, full of cars. Hagrid and Harry touched down on the ground, trying to act normal. There was no way I could do the same, so I just flew next to them.

Hagrid suddenly rode onto the wall, avoiding a double-decker. One Death Eater got hit, leaving another to pursue us still. The Death Eater stunned Hagrid, making a panicked Harry to drive. I swooped in between the Death Eater and the motorcycle and squeaked menacingly.

"That’s him! The real one!" The Death Eater shouted. He raised his wand and shot green light out. Hedwig suddenly flew in between us and fell to the ground. No! "No!" Harry wailed, watching as the Death Eater flew away.

Harry, who was looking tired, rested his head against the car. That is, until black smoke appeared. I squawked loudly, telling Harry to wake up. Voldemort's face became visible as he raised his wand. The two of them casted spells, green light for Voldemort and red for Harry.

Voldemort pulled away from some reason, trapping himself inside the web of now malfunctioning pylons. "NOOOO." he shouted. He became farther away in a few minutes. The motorcycle moved as if it hit an imaginary bump. Hagrid immediately woke up.

Up ahead, I saw the Burrow coming into view. I flew over them so I wouldn't interfere with their landing. I swooped down onto the grass gracefully and turned back. On my hands and knees, I panted heavily. That was quite the workout. 

Hagrid and Harry emerged from the tall grass, soaking wet. Together, the three of us made our way to the back door. Eva, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley ran out the back door to us. I hugged Eva tightly, handing her off to Harry. Harry just stared at Ginny the whole time, locked in her gaze.

"Harry! Laurel! Hagrid! What happened?! Have you seen the others?" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed. Harry's face turned serious. "Is no one back yet?" Ginny shook her head gravelly. That didn't worry me at all. Note the sarcasm. 

"They were on us from the star’ Molly—the Death Eaters. And You-Know-Who as well." Mrs. Weasley's face showed her fear for a spilt second before hiding it cleverly. "Well, thank goodness you three are all right."

"Haven’t go’ any brandy, have yeh, Molly? Fer medicinal purposes?" Hagrid asked. She led Hagrid to the house, leaving the four of us. "Ron and Tonks should’ve already been back. Dad and Fred as well." Suddenly, a blue flash of light appeared and Lupin with a bloody, unconscious "Harry" trudged forward. I panicked, trying to remember who Lupin was assigned to.

Ginny ran forward. "Oh my gosh! George!" That answered that question. I let go of Eva and ran forward to help them, watching as his hair became red again and his face became his. "The house! Quickly!" Lupin ordered. I grabbed George's other limp arm and helped support his dead weight.