62- When You're Ready Come and Get it!

Chapter Inspiration:  

- Come and Get it ~ Selena Gomez

I woke up the next day around noon. I guess running away is more tiring than I thought. Trufflehunter had set out some soaps for me with directions to the bathroom. I washed up and changed into new clothes. My hair, dry from the Hot Air Charm, was in a side braid held together by a ponytail holder I didn't know I had.

I walked into the main room to find everyone eating lunch. "My, you humans like to sleep late." Trumpkin mused. I shrugged, resting my hand on Fortis's hilt. "I'm going to go check out the place, maybe do a bit of hunting." I grabbed an apple from my bag and headed out without another word. When I was far away, I Changed into a horse and cantered off. 

I was coated in a layer of sweat by the time the sun was starting to set. I Changed back and fell on my hands and knees, breathing raggedly. As I got up, I looked around and realized that I was just five minutes away from the house.

As I rounded the corner, I froze in horror, seeing that men dressed in very familiar armor were beating up Trumpkin. Telmarines. What the bloody hell are they doing here?! I recognized Glozelle but couldn't see who else was there.

Someone shouted something about a girl. They all turned to look at me, even Trumpkin. I turned around and bolted for my life, freaking out as the sound of hoofs thundering on the forest floor rang. I cut across a clump of trees, trying to throw them off.

It was a mad chase. I kind of felt like I was in an action movie. Unfortunately for me, they wouldn't stop if I yelled "Cut!". I gasped for air as my feet pounded against the ground faster and faster. Although this was a horrible time for it, Selena Gomez's 'Come and Get it' popped into my head. When you're ready come and get it, nanana nanana. A quick slicing sound rang right past my ear and dug right into a tree by my waist. An arrow. Shit.

More arrows sailed towards my direction, either missing or rebounding off the protective force field always surrounding me. I ducked another arrow and quickly hid behind a bush. The men stopped, looking around.

I took this opportunity to climb a tree right next to the bush, getting a bird's eye view of the situation. To my surprise, three of the seven men from the group followed after me. Swiftly, I drew my bow and nocked an arrow.

I released it and hit one of the soldiers square in the chest. Bull's eye. He fell off his horse, dead. The other two Telmarines looked up at me and aimed their crossbows. I leaned against the tree as the arrows zoomed past me, hitting a tree branch above me.

One tried again and hit the spot where my leg had been five seconds ago. Securing my weapons, I jumped down and started to run again. The rich sound of a horn rang throughout the woods, shocking me. I'd know that horn anywhere. It was Susan's.

~

Peter Pevensie sat with his brother Edmund on a bench, waiting for their sisters to hurry up. Ed kicked his suitcase. "They better hurry up or we'll miss the train." Peter harrumphed in agreement. Term had ended yesterday, which meant the summer holiday was here.

As glad as he was, Peter was miserable. The last year had been hell, especially for him, Lucy, and Ed. They all missed Narnia terribly. "We live here. You need to wake up and stop waiting around to go back." Susan had chastised them.

Peter stood up, grabbing his suitcase. "I'm going to check to make sure our train's on time." he said wearily. Edmund nodded, looking bored. Peter set off, crossing the street, and tried not to get ran over. He hurried down the staircase, just as someone bumped him in the shoulder.

It was a couple brutes from his year.

"Say your sorry, Pevensie." One snarled. He rolled his eyes. Peter had dealt with people, like the Telmarines or Calormenes, who had attitudes like this before. "You hit me, if anything you should be apologizing to me." Peter coolly responded.

In Narnia, no one would dare question him when he used that tone. Another brute shoved him. "He said say you're sorry." Peter set down his suitcase and threw a punch. The boys were taller and stronger than Peter, at least at the age he was now. If he was thirty-one again, he could've taken them easily. Unfortunately for him, Peter was outnumbered.

Edmund sat on the bench, getting annoyed. Where are those blasted sisters of mine? Susan said she was going to be a minute! Having enough, he ran across the street with his suitcase in hand, avoiding collisions with cars. When he showed up at the ticket booth, where Peter said he said he'd be, Ed couldn't find him. 

Scowling, Ed moved through people to try and find his brother. Faint shouting drew his attention though. He turned around and tried to locate the shouting. As he came closer to the source, Ed could hear what they were saying clearly. "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

Moving through some students, Ed saw what was happening. A few boys from Hendon House, his school, were beating up another boy from Hendon House. The blond was getting beaten up badly. As they lifted him up, Ed's eyes widened. It was Peter.

Ed quickly made his way through the crowd, hearing Lucy cry "Edmund!" when he passed her and Susan. So this is where they've been. He threw himself at one, knocking him over and kicking his stomach. The boy tried to hit Ed, but he got up and tackled another.

Ed and Peter were just starting to lose when three security cops came, blowing whistles. Everyone gathered started to run, except the bullies, Ed, and Peter. One officer got a boy off Peter and pulled him up. "Act your age!" he scolded.  Peter, ragged, collected his things and went to the boarding section of the station.

Ed dropped his things to the ground and sat on the bench next to Peter. "You're welcome." Ed breathed. Peter stood up, irritated. "I had it sorted." Susan shot him a look. "What was it this time?" Peter glowered and growled, "He bumped me." "So you hit him?" Lucy sighed with disapproval.

Peter shook his head. "No. After he bumped me, they tried to make me apologize. That's when I hit him." Susan looked like the motherly figure she became often as she told her older brother, "Really? Is it that hard just to walk away?" "I shouldn't have to." Peter sputtered, "I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?"

"Um, we are kids." Edmund pointed out. Peter shot him a look. "Well, I wasn't always." The three other siblings shared a look. He was talking about Narnia again. "It's been a year. How long does He expect us to wait?"

Susan crossed her arms, looking uncomfortable. "I think it's time to accept that we live here. It's no use pretending any different." Lucy rubbed her brother's arm soothingly, trying to show him that she agreed with him.

"Oh no." whispered Susan, looking over at an irritating boy whom she'd met earlier, "Pretend you're talking to me." Ed raised his eyebrows. "We are talking to you." Susan shot him a look. Lucy shot up from the bench. "OUCH."

The other three jumped in alarm. "Quiet, Lu." Susan muttered. Lucy pointed to the bench. "Something pinched me!" Peter shot up as well. "Hey, stop pulling!" Ed looked at him as if he were crazy. "I'm not touching you!"

"Look, would all of you just—" Susan and Edmund shot up as well. "What is that?" A train started to enter the station. However, as it did, pieces of the station itself started to break off and shoot into the hole the train was entering. It was like a vacuum. 

"It feels like magic." Lucy squealed. "Quick, everyone hold hands." Susan told them, grabbing her sister's. Peter turned to Ed, offering him his hand. "I'm not holding your hand!" Ed shouted over the roaring winds. "Just—" Peter grabbed it and watched in awe as blue appeared behind the train.

Lucy's eyes widened. Suddenly the train disappeared into thin air, leaving the four Pevensies on a beach with cerulean blue water. The siblings stood for a moment before walking forward, still in awe and shock. Lucy turned to Susan and smiled.

The two girls started to run down the beach, heading for the water. Ed and Peter followed behind, shoving each other playfully. A wide, genuine grin came across Peter's face for the first time in a year. After all, they were back in Narnia.