83- We Meet Again

Chapter Inspiration:

- Arms ~ Christina Perri

A Year Later

As I locked my office door behind me, a voice called my name. I whirled around to see Ron and Hermione walking towards me. "Hey. Just going out to grab lunch. Do you guys want anything?" I asked, adjusting my bag strap.

The couple shook their heads, smiling widely. "Oh, we're actually going out, too. Want to join us?" I gave them a look as we walked down the corridor to the elevator. "That is ridiculous. You guys go enjoy your date, I'll be fine. Besides, I was thinking of doing work while I ate anyway."

My friends frowned as we entered the elevator, but didn't argue. I bid them goodbye as I stepped into a fireplace and thought hard of the London streets. When my feet met concrete, I blew out my cheeks and looked around.

No one, as usual, seemed suspicious that a girl had just appeared out of thin air. I started forward, crossing the busy street to get to the restaurant called Murillo. The hostess was nice enough to give me a nice table outside that overlooked the busy street.

As I took out papers that needed to be filled out, I let my eyes scan over the Muggles. My thoughts were interrupted when a waiter sidled up to me with a notepad. When I ordered a pasta salad and an iced tea, I waited until the waiter went away before I got down to work.

I pulled out some papers I had to fill out for a few Deatheaters that were caught late last night. Scowling, I realized that I had to wait until after lunch to send them to the Wizengamot. I sat back and looked around. People were everywhere. Most were Muggles, but I recognized a few as wizards or witches here and there.

I caught sight of a little girl maybe a year younger than Eva admiring clothes in a shop window. I smiled as her older sister grabbed her hand and tugged her along. My eyes followed them and witnessed them catching up to two boys. My eyes bugged out while my heart stopped. The little girl had very familiar reddish-brown hair. The older sister had her hands on her hips as she defended herself against the raven-haired boy.

I looked to the eldest and shot up from my chair. Panic wavered through me as a bus drove by, blocking my sight of the children. When it had passed, I was full of relief that they were still there. The oldest, a blond, turned so I could see his face. It was Peter.

Without thinking, I bellowed at the top of my lungs, "PETER WILLIAM PEVENSIE." I ignored the stares I received from my side of the road and desperately watched the other side, where they stood. Peter looked around frantically, looking for something. Lucy, Edmund, and Susan asked him questions, but he kept searching.

He mumbled something to them and they, too, looked around. I cupped my hands over my mouth and screamed, "PETER." Suddenly, his head sharply turned to my direction. A car passed by us, but we didn't stop staring. Peter moved forward, crossing the busy street dangerously. His siblings ran to keep up, apologizing to the people who almost ran over them.

My entire body was shaking as he drew closer. It was him. A watery smile came across my face as he came closer. A few more steps. One. Two. Oh, screw it. I'll do the cliché movie run-jump. I bolted forward and ran directly into his arms.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck and gasped. His arms were like boa constrictors around my waist as he lifted me off the ground a bit. I ran my hands through his hair and whispered, "Pete." "Laurel. By the Mane I've missed you." he whispered back. He set me down, but neither of us moved from our position. I looked up into his blue eyes and smiled the widest smile I've shown in a year.

Simultaneously, we let our lips meet in a short, sweet kiss. I rested my forehead against his and sighed. "I love you." He pecked my mouth. "I love you, too." I heard shuffling underneath the roar of the city street and watched as Susan and Lucy shoved their brother out of the way with Edmund smirking behind them.