9- The Room of Requirement

If you guys have any ideas for my pathetic playlists, please let me know in the comments. I need help lol.

Chapter Inspiration:

- Innocent ~ Taylor Swift

- Red and Black ~ Les Mis 2012 Cast

I hate that stupid toad.

I was walking through the hallways with Harry when Umbridge announced something else on the PA system. Ever since the last Hogsmede visit, she's been adding new rules on the same wall. Filch is running out of room for them.

I was telling Harry my ideas for the DA (Dumbledore's Army) location. When I was cut off by this-

"All student organizations are henceforth disbanded. Any student in noncompliance will be expelled." I looked at Harry, who was annoyed by the fact that Quidditch was cancelled for the entire year. "Harry, what about DA? She'll be questioning everyone about 'suspicious behavior'." I told him. He stopped whining and paled.

"We better tell Hermione." He finally said. I nodded and followed him. We made a beeline for a studying Hermione in the courtyard. "Did you hear Umbridge's announcement?" I asked worriedly. She nodded, calm, and kept reading.

Harry got impatient and snatched her book away. She looked up at a freaking out Harry. "What is your problem?" She snapped, grabbing her book back. "I don't want to be caught do you? She'll have our heads on a silver platter." He whispered dangerously low. If he could, I knew he would be shouting.

"I don't exactly trust all of them." I added quietly. Hermione looked at our worried expressions and started to laugh. Laugh. In our faces. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What's so funny?" Harry growled, his voice was as cold as steel. What the hell.

"You guys, I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed. Believe me, if anybody runs off and tells Umbridge, we'll know who they are and they will really regret it." "What'll happen to them?" Harry asked, looking very relieved. "Well, I'll put it this way...it'll make Eloise Midget's acne look like a couple of cute freckles."

I snorted quietly, remembering how she tried to her curse her acne off one year and had to go to the hospital wing. Because of the lily petal healing perk of my necklace, it kept away acne. I'm one very lucky duck. But then again, I have a six inch scar on my arm...

Neville ran up to us looking very excited. "Harry, I think I found the perfect place for DA." The three of us looked at each other before running to get Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George. Neville stood there, asking if he was going to wait for us. I grabbed his arm and pulled him along.

Once everyone in our little group gathered, Neville led the way to the seventh floor. I looked at the blank wall he took us to, frowning. Neville closed his eyes and suddenly doors opened. I watched in amazement as a room was displayed.

"You've done it, Neville. You found the Room of Requirement." Hermione whispered breathlessly. "The what?" Fred asked. "It's also known as the Come and Go Room. The Room of Requirement only appears when a person has real need of it. And it's always equipped for the seeker's needs." I chimed in.

Ron thought for a second before saying, "So say you really needed the toilet..." Hermione rolled her eyes, exasperated. I laughed and nodded. "Niiice, Ron. But, yeah, that is the general idea." Harry smiled at the room. "It's brilliant. It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back."

~

That night we held our first lesson. Harry had us in two lines. A mechanical mannequin stood in front of Harry and Neville, the heads of each line, with a wand of its own. "Expelliarmus!" Neville flicked his wand. I saw his poor wand holding and realized that was probably the problem. "I'm hopeless." He said to Harry.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this. Expelliarmus." The wand flew out of the mannequin's hand. Neville nodded and went to the back of the line. Harry moved to the side and motioned for me to go.

I twirled my wand and took a deep breath. Why am I nervous? I mastered this spell a long time ago. "Expelliarmus!" The wand flew several feet behind the mannequin. I looked over at Harry, who grinned at me and gave me a thumbs up. I watched in the back as Harry gave corrections or gave someone a grin, telling them that that was brilliant.

I smiled as Harry bent down and gave Eva some tips. We both knew that is was very advanced magic, yet she was tackling it wholeheartedly and doing pretty well.

It took the whole "class" for everyone to go once. Harry dismissed us just before curfew. We walked back to the common room. I looked over and smiled at Harry. "Thanks for helping Eva out." He shrugged and smiled back. "She's doing very well considering she's a First Year. She also feels like my little sister sometimes." I placed a hand on his arm and smiled. "Feel free to act like her older brother, I'm willing to share. Night." "Night."

~

I was in Umbridge's classroom with Eva, Fred, George, and Ginny and not for class. Well, Ginny was still pissed at me so she stayed away from us. There was a whole line to her door, where she was continuing her interrogation.

"Remember," I told the other three, "Decline if she asks you if you want anything to drink. There might be Veritaserum. Fred, George, don't put anything in her drink. Regardless how tempting it is. She'll be even more suspicious and we want her off our case, not on it."

They nodded and watched as Umbridge came out, dismissing another student. "Miss Collins, come please." She squeaked. I stiffened and walked towards the door. She was wasting my study time, this better be quick.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" she squeaked again. I smirked mentally. She was still afraid of me. "No thank you." I coldly declined. Umbridge narrowed her eyes at me, all nervousness washing away. "Tell me what you know about an illegal club here in Hogwarts."

I pretended to be surprised. "An illegal club? Who would have any motives to form an-" "Don't play dumb with me girl. I know you and Potter are plotting something." She snapped. I leaned forward and met her gaze with my own. "Now, my dear professor, you are just reciting Daily Prophet headlines. You are becoming as paranoid as Fudge."

"I know it. I've been watching you." She spat. Did she think she was threatening? Or scary? I let out a snicker. "What's so funny?" "You. If you are trying to scare me or threaten me, you aren't doing a very good job. I've met scarier bunnies than you."

The gargoyle leaned forward and drove her nails into my skin. Right where my ropes burns were. I gritted my teeth together, keeping a strong front against the painfulness. Must refrain from judo flipping. Must refrain from judo flipping. MUST REFRAIN FROM JUDO FLIPPING. "I will get it out of you. Just you wait." I rolled my eyes and ripped my arm from her hold, standing up to leave.

"Excuse me?" She retorted. I turned around and coolly said, "You are excused."