101- Confessions

Okay guys, it's official. I hate the title I've given the series. 😞 I don't really know why, but I wanna change it. If you guys have any suggestions, I'm willing hear them.

Also, sorry for the shortish, filler chapter. Just some quick fluff.

Chapter Inspiration:

- Demons ~ Imagine Dragons

I rubbed my tired eyes, trying not to fall asleep on the couch. I forced myself to focus on the TV screen. It had been a long day at work and I had gotten little sleep last night. But I needed to stay awake because Peter hadn't come home yet and I wanted to greet him awake. I yawned again.

I half-asleep when I heard a door creak open. I turned around to see Lucy standing in the doorway, tears dripping down her face. My sleepiness washed away immediately. "Lu?" I called. She started crying again and I got up from the couch and rushed over to her. Lucy fell into my shoulder and sobbed quietly into my shirt.

I shushed her, caressing her tussled hair. Carefully, I guided her to the couch. She continued to cry for a while, leaving me at least fifteen minutes to ponder her reason for crying. When Lucy had subdued to sniffling, I finally plucked up the courage to ask her what was wrong.

She wiped her eyes before confessing, "I had a horrible nightmare." I frowned, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Want to tell me what it was?" Her cheeks flushed and she averted her eyes. I raised an eyebrow. "Lucy?" I felt bad for pressing when her lip wobbled. "P-Promise me you won't judge?" I nodded. She sucked in a deep breath before divulging.

"I had the same dream I had the night on the Dawn Treader. I was in front of a mirror and suddenly my reflection turned into Susan's. I thought she was just on the other side, like it was a trick mirror. But it turned out that it was me. I pushed open the mirror to reveal a party. Edmund and Peter turned up and a reporter wanted a picture of us. Pete said something about all of the Pevensie children being in the picture and I wondered where I was.

"But no one knew what I was talking about. They just assumed I was playing some silly game. I told Ed I wanted to go back to Narnia and he didn't know what I was talking about. The dream ended there, but when I had it the first time, I talked to Aslan. He told me that I doubted my value and that I shouldn't run from who I am. He was right. I've been trying my hardest, Laurel. I really have, but it's just been so hard. You and Susan are pretty hard comparisons. I'm sorry. I just want to be beautiful like Susan."

My mouth had fallen open. "Lucy. Lu, you are so important! Why would you ever think you aren't? You're healing skills and knive-throwing are amazing! And you're kind, smart, funny, beautiful, and so many other qualities." I hugged her tightly and I felt her run her watering eyes again.

While chewing my lip, I processed my current thoughts. "You told me your temptation. I should tell you mine, it's only fair." Her eyes widened. "I'm not sure I even want to know, Laure. I bet it was horrible. Much less pathetic than mine." Blowing out my cheeks, I gripped her shoulder. "Lucy, everyone is afraid of something. Everyone has something that tempts them. We are all different, but we all are equally pathetic in our own ways."

And so I told her everything that happened, making her the third person, and hopefully the last, to know what happened. She was quiet after I finished, leaving me to stare at the TV in silent shame. I turned to her, about to say something, when I saw her asleep.

I smiled slightly, pulling the girl who was like a sister to me to my chest. I rested my jaw against her head, my fingers brushing through her auburn hair. My eyes fluttered shut and I welcomed sleep.

~

Third POV

Peter walked down the hallway, seeing the apartment door just a bit away. Groaning, he stumbled, exhausted, the rest of the way. He fumbled with the keys, but managed to open the door.

Quietness greeted him, the only sound the TV turned down low. He was expecting Laurel to get up from the couch and greet him. She didn't. Maybe she didn't hear the door? he wondered. Peeking into the kitchen, Peter saw his dinner sitting in the oven, being kept warm. No Laurel.

Peter stared to panic a bit. True, he hadn't looked everywhere yet, but it still sat on his chest. Peter dropped his bag on the counter and walked into the living room. Laying on the couch was not just Laurel, but Lucy, too.

Both were fast asleep, his younger sister laying against his girlfriend. Peter frowned deeply, spying dried tears on both girls. Swiftly, he scooped Lucy up and off the couch, taking her back to her own bed. He kicked the door open quietly to find Edmund sprawled across the bed, fast asleep.

Peter resisted the urge to snort and pushed Ed over, putting Lucy down, and pulling the covers to her shoulders. Giving her a kiss on the forehead, he turned and shut the door. Now onto Laurel. Picking her up bridal-style, Peter walked slowly to the door.

He hadn't even taken two steps when her eyes fluttered open. "Pete?" she groggily murmured. Peter held her against his chest tighter. "Shh, love. It's me. Go back to sleep." Her eyebrows crinkled, her mind still half-asleep. "But...I'm supposed to greet you." Laurel insisted sleepily.

He tucked her into bed, pecking her mouth softly. "And you have. Now go to sleep, love." She hummed, burrowing under the covers. He ran his fingers through her hair once before closing the door, going to find his dinner.