69- Raid on Miraz's Castle

Just a tip; I don't own Asterius or Windmane. They are actual characters from the movie. Thank you Narnia Wikipedia. ;)

Chapter Inspiration:

- I Dreamed a Dream ~ Anne Hathaway 

I tugged against the chains, trying to get to Peter and Trumpkin on the other side of the room. "Let me go! Please!" Peter looked guilty as he set my wand and other weapons onto the table below the screens. "It's for your own good. I know you'd follow us if we didn't."

Tears were forming in my eyes. "Peter, please. Let me go." He shook his head, holding the door open for Trumpkin. "I can't risk you getting hurt." I sunk down against the wall and buried my head in my knees. This didn't make sense; my ankle was fully healed. Why would he think he needs to protect me?

He knew damn well that I was just as skilled and experienced as everyone else, if not more. Peter was letting Susan go for crying out loud! Everyone who wasn't going piled into the room, avoiding the sight of me with guilty expressions. Lucy plopped down next to me, silent. I ignored her and watched the castle.

~

Peter sheathed Rhindon and watched as Glenstorm said goodbye to his wife, Windmane. "Promise me you will look after them." She told her husband, speaking of their sons. Immediately, Peter felt a tug at his heart, guilty that he chained Laurel. I'm trying to protect her. If anything happened to her during this attack, I'd never forgive myself. The setting sun shone on his face as he set off with half the army.

Around midnight, Susan, Peter, Ed, Trumpkin, and Caspian were picked up by Gryphons, flying overhead and leaving the rest of the army at the edge of the forest. Ed split from the rest of the group, heading towards the North Tower.

They touched down lightly on the roofing of the tower, drawing the attention of the soldier on guard duty. When he turned back around, the Gryphon snatched up the Telmarine, Edmund taking his place. He brought out his torch and started to flicker it, telling the troops to enter the village.

He continued to flash the torch for his siblings and friends. However, Ed didn't notice a Telmarine on guard aiming their crossbow at his head. Susan pulled an arrow taut and shot him down. Peter was released from his Gryphon and immediately killed the other guard.  

Susan, Trumpkin, and Caspian were released as well and made their way to the library. Caspian tied the rope tight and slid down to the balcony of the room. He drew a dagger and opened the door just as Peter slid down.

"Professor?" Caspian whispered, opening the doors wide. Peter held the rope for Susan as she scrambled down. Peter entered the room with everyone else and started to look through the contents of the room. I bet Laurel enjoyed this place during her imprisonment. Peter's muscles tightened at the thought of her being a prisoner here. Caspian picked up a pair of spectacles on the desk and realized that something happened to his friend.

"I have to find him." He told Peter. The High King shook his head. "You don't have time. You need to get the gate open." Caspian, for once, held his ground. "You wouldn't be here without him. And neither would I." Peter sighed and looked over at his sister. Susan shifted her weight. "You and I can deal with Miraz." Caspian nodded, relieved. "And I can still get to the gate in time." With that, they set off through the castle.

~

I've never been so pissed off in my life. I begged and begged Lucy and the Narnians to let me go, but they didn't have the key. Stupid Peter had it. Currently, we were all watching the attack play out on the screens.