84- Texts

So I had some fun with this and hope you guys find it as funny as I did.

Chapter Inspiration:

- Boom Clap ~ Charli XCX

As I Apparated into the the living room, it took a second for everyone to process that I was in the house. When they caught up, the shouting began. "Where have you been?" "We've been worried sick!" All that good stuff. I waited a few minutes for them to all calm down.

"I went out to lunch and...hung out with a few old friends." Harry and Eva's eyes widened when they realized who I was talking about. Mum and Dad stared at me blankly, a small smile on my face. Eva ran forward with Harry's arm in one hand and mine in the other. She dragged upstairs and into my room. "YOU SAW THEM?!" she squealed.

My smile widened watching her. Laughter bubbled in my throat as Eva started to do a victory dance. "You should invite them over for dinner some time soon." Harry offered. I nodded. "Yeah, I will. But I want to catch up with Peter a bit first. Go on a few dates, you know." I jumped at the sound of buzzing. Eva and Harry stared at my hand.

I looked down and saw that I had a text. Pretty pathetic that I forgot what the notification sounds like. I opened my phone and read it. It was from Peter.

Hey, love. Just making sure you didn't give me the wrong number. xx ;)

I grinned like a fool as I typed my reply. Eva and Harry started to crowd around me, trying to see what we were saying. Eva and I fell to the ground in a mass of arms and legs when she jumped on my back. Quickly, I grabbed my phone from her crazy hands and sent my response.

*gasp* I cannot believe you'd think I would do such a thing, Pevensie! I am hurt. Literally 'cause Eva is sitting on my back.

I could hear his laughter. Not really, but I knew he was. The door to my room opened and our parents stared at us. Eva, the little snake, took this opportunity to snatch my phone from my hands and read our texts. "Ooh! Laure! He texted back! 'Yup, you are definitely the Laurel Marie Collins I am in love with. Winky face. What are you up to?' Aw! I'm going to say hi."

In an instant, I shot up from the floor and wrestled my sister for my phone. "Give me that! Eva, this is a private conversation!" Somehow, she managed to keep my iPhone from my grasp, arguing, "But I wanna say hi to Peter!" Mum cleared her throat, raising her eyebrow at us. Dad wore a confused look, staring at my phone.

"Care to explain what is going on?" Mum broke the silence. Eva and I watched her with blank stares for a moment, before Eva announced, "Laurel found her boyfriend! She started texting him tonight!" My face fell to my hands as my little sister started waving that wretched device in front of our mother's face.

She plucked it from Eva and scrolled through our short conversation. The amount of time she was taking was killing me. Suddenly, her face broke into a grin. "YOU FOUND HIM! Oh! I'm so happy for you, Laurel!" I mustered a small one back and watched as everyone but Harry and Dad pranced around. He whispered in my ear, "We'll get out in two minutes. I promise." I sighed in relief.

"Thank you." I murmured back. He hummed and watched them continue to fangirl around my room. In two minutes, Harry called, "Uh, how about we leave. Laurel's had a long day and should rest." Eva and Mum frowned, but left. Dad handed me my iPhone and growled, "I want to meet this Peter fellow. Where did you meet him? How old is he?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Bye, Dad." Harry gently pushed him out, saying, "Don't worry, I've met him. He seems suitable." When everyone was finally out, I shut the door and sprawled out across my bed. Sighing, I picked up my phone and read through the texts again. I scowled when I saw what Eva wrote.

Hi Peter! It's Eva. Remember me? :) :) :)

Peter, being the kind and sweet guy he was, politely replied:

How could I not remember you Eva? ;) How are you?

Fantasical now that you and Laurel found each other again!

Glad to know you support us! :)

I slapped my forehead and groaned. Peter was probably wondering where I went. Quickly, I typed:

Hey, I'm back. Sorry about that. My family just totally embarassed me in front of no one. Is that even possible?

No problem at all, love. ;) When do you want to meet up again?

Well, I have the weekend off. Are you free any time then?

I guess I could fit you in. ;)

*rolls eyes* Your arrogance is extremely present even over text. I'm afraid to know how big your head is right now.

Ha ha ha. -_-

I frowned when he stopped texting. He wasn't really mad, right? This is why I hated text messaging. You could never tell the true tone or emtion of the person. Suddenly, my phone started buzzing with the announcement that Peter was calling me.

I pressed answer and held the stupid thing to my ear, my heart beating wildly. "Hello?" "Hey." Peter answered. A smile bloomed on my face. There was no particular reason for it, he just made me smile. "Laure? Did you zone out on me again?" I shook my head, blushing. "Sorry, Just thinking." He snorted. "Well that much was obvious. What are you up to?"

"Nothing really. Just hiding out in my room. What are you up to?" "I'm hiding, too. Susan is starting to pack already and wants advice on what to pack clothing-wise." I chortled softly. Typical Susan. I shifted the pillow underneath my head and commented, "Well Susan wouldn't be Susan if she didn't do that. However, I didn't know that England was so unbearable to be in."

Peter laughed. "Ironically, Susan wants to go on an adventure." The joke stung both of us, but we chose to pretend it didn't hurt. "Susan wants to go on an adventure? That's a first in a long time." Peter hummed, sounding a bit distracted. "Pete, if you need to go, I'll let you go and talk to you later." I sighed.

"No, stay on. But hold on a second." he pleaded. I told him okay and listened as Peter started to actually talk to someone. An amused smirk came across my face as I heard, "Peter, what are you doing up here? Who are you talking to?" It sounded very much like Helen Pevensie. "No one, Mum." Peter said dismissively. Ouch.

"Oh, so now I'm 'no one', Pete?" I asked, an eyebrow raised. He groaned and said, "No! Ugh, everyone stop talking to me at once!" Suddenly, it sounded like Edmund walked into the room. "Are you talking to Laurel?" I laughed.

"Laurel?" Helen demanded. Peter groaned. "Hello Mrs. Pevensie. Pleasure to um talk to you." I called through the phone. "Hello, 'Laurel'. Not to be rude, but who are you?" Too bad I wasn't Facetiming Peter, this would've been even better. "Well, Mrs. Pevensie, I think you should ask your son. Because I'm not entirely sure right now."

Peter announced boldly, "Laurel's my girlfriend." "How come you said you didn't have one the other day, but now you have one? And why haven't I met her yet? Wait, it is Laurel Fisher from St. Finbar's? Oh, she is a nice girl!" Helen said. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who's that?" "No, Mum. A different Laurel. This one is a thousand times more amazing."

My cheeks burned. "Oh stop it, you." Peter chuckled into the phone. "I'll call you back later. I think I have to deal with my family now." I grinned. "Have fun with that. Love you." He groaned. "Bye. Love you, too." I put my phone down, grinning. For twenty minutes, I imagined what was going on. Of course, it occured to me that I could just pull up a visual screen and see what was really happening, but I like imagining it better. Sometimes, the imagination can come up with better scenarios better than life.