87- Once Upon Another Fall

So we've have a decent little break from Narnia...who's ready to go back? ;)

Chapter Inspiration:

- Pioneer ~ The Band Perry (This song describes this chapter so freaking well and I can't even tell you.)

I grabbed armfuls of clothes, both mine and Peter's, and stuffed them into a laundry basket. As I walked back to our shared room, I couldn't help but think about how perfect the last two weeks had been. Two weeks. Wow, it feels like just yesterday that we had moved in. I smiled to myself, setting the basket down on the bed.

Though it was obvious I could've used magic to put the clothes away, I felt the need to not use magic for everything and prove I could do work myself. I folded several pairs of my pants and hung them on my side of the closet.

Clucking my tongue, I looked at Peter's "orderly mess" as he put it. He claimed he could find whatever he needed even though it looked very unorgainzed. Deciding to soothe my conscience, which was hyperventilating every time I looked over at his side, I started to order everything in a fashion where he would be able to find things without hassle.

Putting a few sweaters on a shelf, I tripped over a shoe that was unsuspectingly hiding under a pair of pants lying on the floor. I expected to crash into the wall, but fell through the wall and down. All I could see was blue. As I was falling, I realized I was falling into a great ocean.

A shriek escaped my lips just as I plunged into the water with a massive splash. It was lucky I knew how to swim very well or I would've been a goner. I swam as fast as I could to the surface, my lungs aching for air. When I reached the surface, I gasped for air, trying to get the water out of my ears, nose, and eyes. I rubbed my eyes and watched, frozen, as a gigantic ship trudged towards me.

Finally coming to my senses, I swam out of the way so I wouldn't be crushed under the massive dragon of the prow. Someone dived off the side of the boat and swam towards me. I swam a little away from the figure, not sure whether or not to accept their help.

The person lifted their head up from the water, causing me to gasp. It was Edmund. "Ed!" I grinned, swimming to him. He rubbed his eyes and watched me with clearer eyes. His own grin spread across his face. "Laurel! We were wondering what was taking you so long!" I chuckled at the teasing tone he used and swam with him back to the ship.

A Minotaur and a Narnian human lowered a narrow platform for us. Edmund wrapped an arm around my waist and advised me, "Hold on." I gripped the rope and gasped as the two pulled us up and onto the deck of the ship.

I stumbled forward, catching the mast to steady me. Edmund was drying himself off with a towel the Minotaur passed to him. The creature walked towards me and handed me one as well. Together, Ed and I made our way to the front of the ship, where Lucy, Caspian, and Reepicheep were. As we got closer, I noticed a scrawny boy around thirteen lying on the ground unconcious.

After hugging Lucy and Caspian, I pointed to the boy on the ground. "Who the hell is that?" A look of loathing overcame Ed's face. "That is our cousin Eustace we told you about." I wrinkled my nose and poked him with the tip of my soaking sock. "'His name is Eustace Clarence Scrubb and he almost deserved it.'" I murmured.

Lucy sniggered. A breeze blew by, sending me shivering. Caspian handed me another towel while raising his eyebrows at my attire consisting of sweatpants and a tank top. I narrowed my eyes at my old friend. "Hey, I was doing laundry. Sorry if I didn't think I was going to Narnia or I would've dressed better." He rolled his eyes and hopped up the staircase so he could yell, "Men, behold our castaways. General Laurel Collins, Edmund the Just and Lucy the Valiant, High King and Queen of Narnia."