13- Unbelievable

Chapter Inspiration:

- Forever Changed ~ Carrie Underwood

- Look Down ~ Les Mis 2012 cast

I woke up to rain pelting down on the window hard. As I got ready, an odd feeling came over me. Something wasn't right. Whether it was my gut instinct or Aslan's general training that made me alert, I kept my hand ready to grab my wand.

I sipped my orange juice and watched as the owls fly in through the roof. I spotted Hermes and watched as he sailed to me. He was carrying today's issue of The Daily Prophet. Even though they were writing lies about Harry and Dumbledore, it was best to keep my subscription. I unfolded the paper and the headline jumped out at me. My stomach sunk, feeling sick. This was why I felt like something was wrong.

Harry read over my shoulder as I read out loud to Hermione and Ron. Eva was luckily chatting happily with her new friend Erin, who was in DA as well. "'We have confirmed that ten high-security prisoners in the early hours of yesterday evening did escape. And of course, the Muggle prime minister has been alerted to the danger. We strongly suspect that the breakout was engineered by a man with personal experience in escaping from Azkaban notorious mass murderer Sirius Black, cousin of escapee Bellatrix Lestrange.'"

Harry rolled his eyes, but his face reflected his worry. "What a load of bullshit. They can't blame something as huge as this on Sirius." I shook my head and rolled up my newspaper, shoving it in my bag. I looked around the room to see many newspapers that were identical to mine. Many worried faces appeared.

As we started to walk to class, Hermione said, "Dumbledore warned Fudge this could happen. He’s gonna get us all killed just because he can’t face the truth." I couldn't have agreed more. "Harry." A familiar Irish voice called. We turned around to see Seamus standing in front of us.

"I wanted to apologize. Now even me mum says the Prophet’s version of things don’t add up. So, what I’m really trying to say is that I believe you." I smiled at him and saw Harry give him one as well, although his was smaller, masking his concern for his godfather. "See you in Charms." I said softly. He grinned and walked back to Dean. 

~

We stood in different spots all round the Room. Harry was holding the first DA lesson of 2015. I was excited for several reasons; a) We were going to do Patronuses today, b) Seamus had joined DA, and c) My birthday was coming up.

"Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying, Seamus." Harry coached. "George, your turn now." "Expecto Patronum." he casted. Wispy, silvery threads came out of his wand. "A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents."

He walked over to me and waited for me to try. I closed my eyes and remembered Aslan. His kind, golden eyes. His fluffy, cloud-like fur. I opened my eyes, still thinking of the Lion, when I watched as an animal formed from my wand. It was silvery and wispy, like everyone else's, but mine was clear enough where you could tell what it was.

"It's a gryphon." I whispered, remembering Aslan telling me what Talking Animals He had made during the Creation of Narnia. Harry furrowed his eyebrows, watching with everyone else how it flew around the room, squawking.

"It's called a gryphon. They're like Buckbeak, but part lion instead of horse." I told him watching it as it gracefully flew overhead. "Well, that was brilliant." He told me walking away. "Fantastic, Ginny." He grinned, watching as a horse appeared from Ginny's wand.

I smiled at her. She noticed me and gave me a frosty glare. I frowned and turned away. I wanted my friend back. "You alright? That was amazin'." Seamus told me. I smiled weakly and thanked him. "She still hasn't forgiven me for beating up her boyfriend."

Seamus nodded. "I remember Dean tellin' me 'bout that. He deserved it." I smiled at him again. "Thanks Seamus." He nodded and tried to do a Patronus again. "Concentrate." I told him. He closed his eyes and suddenly there was the wispy form of a fox. "You're doing it!" I told him. He opened is eyes and grinned.

"Thanks Laurel." He leaned forward and pecked me on the cheek. I stood there in awe, blushing like mad. He walked toward Dean and told him about his Patronus.

"Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused. So focus, Luna." He watched as Luna's hare Patronus hopped around the room. Harry walked past me and patted me on the shoulder, causing me to flinch. "Stop standing there and blushing like a tomato." he told me.

I scowled at him and watched as he approached Eva. "Think of the happiest thing you can." She nodded and thought for a moment. "Expecto Patronum." Her face scrunched up in concentration, but lightened up as a kitten vaguely appeared.

Harry smiled at her and walked over to a struggling Neville. "I’m trying." He told Harry. "I know. It’s good. This is really advanced stuff, guys. You’re doing so well."

I heard a sound and turned towards the glass mirror. Another thundering sound was heard, making everyone stop and look at the wall. The crystal chandelier that hung overhead shook. We stood in a wall-like form. I pushed Eva behind me and held my wand out. "Harry, do you want me to put a force field over us?"  

Before he could reply, the glass shattered, displaying the brick wall. A little triangle slit in the wall displayed the hallway. Nigel walked forward to see what was going on. I was about to ask who it was, but a voice floated through the wall, sending chills through my body. I didn't need to ask who it was.

"I’ll make short work of this. Bombarda Maxima." Harry pulled Nigel away just in time for the brick wall to explode. When the dust and debris subsided, we could see Umbridge, Filch, Crabbe, Goyle, and other Slytherin House members standing there. The Inquisitorial Squad, I realized, my eyes widening.

Suddenly, Malfoy came into view, holding none other than our little traitor. Cho. "Get them." Umbridge whispered. Harry was grabbed first and pulled away from us. I was about to cast a spell at the Slytherin that had grabbed him, but my own arms had been grabbed.

"Get your hands off me." I spat. The Slytherin jerked me forward, leading me and the others out of the Room of Requirement. Harry and Cho were taken another direction. Probably Dumbledore's office. Harry looked over his and Filch's shoulder and at me.

 "It's gonna be okay." He mouthed to me. I nodded, a sick feeling swirl through my stomach. I could see Blood Quills in DA's future.

~

Word spread quickly the next day of the events of last night. When Harry and Cho had been taken to see Dumbledore, Fudge, Kingsley and Dawlish had shown up to arrest him, claiming that Dumbledore had been the one to start DA.

Then Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix, had swooped in and transported him out of his office. He was gone. Harry had confirmed it grimly as we walked down a hallway. In fact, the one where Umbridge's rules hung. A crowd of people were standing around watching Filch stand on a dangerously high ladder, hanging yet another rule.

When he had left, we walked forward and read it. It said;

Dolores Jane Umbridge has replaced Albus Dumbledore as the Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I looked at Harry, Ron, and Hermione. We were in deep, deep crap.