6- It's Raining Books?

Chapter Inspiration:

- Story of Us ~ Taylor Swift

Harry and the others watched nervously as Snape led me to Dumbledore's office. Well, all my friends except Fred and George. They were laughing under their hands, enjoying the idea that she looked like she wet herself when I shapeshifted. Although Harry, Ron, and Hermione were concerned about me, they were amazed when I changed into a lion.

I stood in front of Dumbledore in his office, Snape standing behind me smugly. The headmaster had his hands in front of his face in sheer frustration.

"Laurel, you have to respect the fact that Professor Umbridge has a different opinion on the situation. She is from the Ministry, and high ranked, you could get in trouble if they found out." Dumbledore sighed. I shot Snape a glare.

Snitch.

"But her opinion is wrong, she talks to us like five year olds, and isn't letting us to magic for crying out loud!" I retorted. Dumbledore looked alarmed for a split second before his expression turned annoyed. "I'm afraid there's nothing I can do. She was placed here by Fudge and I don't want him angrier at me more than he is."

"SHE IS WORSE THAN LOCKHART! I WILL NOT BE TAUGHT BY SOMEONE SO INFURIATING." I bellowed. Dumbledore motioned for Snape to take me out. He roughly grabbed my shoulders and tossed me down the stairwell, with my bag in tow.

I hit the ground and shot daggers at the annoying teacher looming over me. "Be sure to not scare Professor Umbridge by using your freak powers next time you enter that room." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and went to the common room, disregarding the rest of my dinner.

~

As I walked through the hallways, juggling my books, which I was reorganizing, I tripped. My books and I went flying. I was caught by someone just as I was about to hit my head, books raining down on us.

I looked up to see Seamus Finnigan staring down at me. But what was right behind him was more important. "You alright?" His Irish accent asked concern seeping through his voice. I steadied myself and nodded. "Yeah, thanks to you or I would've taken a face plant to the ground." I pushed past him and shot daggers at a laughing Peeves. He flew away, shouting insults at me. Turning away, I groaned at the sight of my poor books.

I crouched down and was surprised to see him too, picking up my books with me. "Thanks." I smiled as he handed me some of them. "You should be careful, a girl like you watch yourself carryin' so many books. Especially if Peeves sees you walkin'." He grinned. I gave him a surprised look. Was he flirting?

"A girl like me? What does that mean?" I said in the same teasing tone. "It means that a pretty little girl like you could get hurt carrying so many books." I was taken aback by this. "You think I'm pretty?" I blushed.

He gave me a weird look as he stood up. "You don't think so?" He offered me his hand, which I took. I shrugged and took my books into my arms. "You'd have to be crazy not to notice Laurel." He gave me a knowing look as we walked down the hallway.

I fumbled with my books, making Seamus stop. He stood in front of me and took half of my books. "Thanks." I smiled shyly. "You know, Umbridge might come and start screaming her head off at us. You're not scared of what she might do?" He asked me as we walked up a staircase.

I snorted and shook my head. "No way. She isn't going to come near me at all after what happened." I laughed and watched as he shook his head, his grin widening. "That was wicked. Terrifying, but wicked." I smiled, watching the trick step as we walked to the common room floor. "As I learn to control the powers of my necklace, I'm able to do new ones."

He seemed genuinely interested. "Really? Like what?" I stalked ahead, grinning at him. "Laurel!" He whined, making me laugh. He looked like a cute Irish puppy. "Well, I can heal wounds...with lily petals...and my necklace of course. Um, I can create force fields and shapeshift." I felt awkward, seeing that I hated to talk about myself.

His eyes lit up. "Woah, that is pretty cool. It's lucky You-Know-Who didn't come back last term or else you'd definitely be a target. Your powers are something special." I frowned at him just as we made our way to the Fat Lady's portrait. "But he is back Seamus. I saw him with my own eyes. Fairy lights." I took the books from him before he could protest and walked away.

I climbed through the portrait and marched over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I slammed my books down on the table, startling everyone. I sunk into the couch next to Ron and rested my head against my hands. "What's with you?" Ron asked.

I peeked through my hands and shot him a glare. I could also see Seamus sitting nearby with Dean Thomas. He saw me looking at him and kept my gaze. I looked away and sat back against the couch. Harry had a book in his hand, while Ron and Hermione were writing papers.

I picked up my Ancient Runes books and started to copy down some symbols for homework. "What's wrong with your hand?" Hermione asked. I looked up and saw her talking to Harry. I cocked my head and looked over at him. Ron's eyes followed to Harry as well. "Nothing, it's fine."

"The other hand." She retorted grabbing his hidden hand out from under his book. Hermione, Ron, and I all gasped quietly. "Harry what happened?" I asked the same time Hermione said, "You need to tell Dumbledore." Harry looked between the two of us.

"He had detention with Umbridge today." Ron realized. My eyes widened. "What did she do to you Harry?" I asked walking towards Harry and Hermione's couch, sitting on the arm near Harry. He gave me his hand to examine as he explained. "She told me we were doing lines and she gave me some parchment. She gave me a special pen and told me to write 'I must—"

"Not tell lies," I finished, seeing the words written into his skin. "She gave you a Blood Quill, Harry. I didn't even know you could get those anymore. There were used a long time ago to punish people who had done serious crimes. But even then, a Blood Quill was extremely cruel to use. Harry, we should take you to see Dumbledore."

Harry stood up and shook his head. "No, I'm not going to see him." I shoved him back on the couch and towered over him. "Bloody hell Harry. The woman is torturing you!" Ron added, siding with me and Hermione. I sat down on the arm of the chair and grabbed Harry's hand. "At least let me try to heal it." I said in a softer tone, drawing out my wand.

"Accio Lily Box!" I muttered under my breath. The dark oak, jewelry box-sized box flew down and landed in my lap. A few people stared, but went back to their business. I opened it and looked for my lily petal lotion. I unscrewed the cap and dabbed some on his hand. "Now rub it." I ordered, rolling up my own sleeve to display my thin, six inch scar. I dabbed some on and rubbed it.

When I rolled my sleeve back down and wiped the excess on my jeans, Harry was done. I examined his hand and nodded, satisfied. The lettering faded a bit, but was still legible. "That feels loads better. Thanks Laure." I smiled and sat back down next to Ron.

"Why does Seamus kept looking this way? I'm pretty sure he's not looking at me." Ron turned to me, making Harry and Hermione send looks my way as well. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. "What happened?" Harry demanded, causing me to roll my eyes. 

"Calm down Harry. We just had a conversation and then it turned for the worse. He brought up the delicate situation of Voldemort and we had different opinions on the matter." I simply replied, leaving out many, many details. I decided to keep those to myself, remembering Harry and Seamus's argument the first night back.

I got up and picked up my large mound of books, shoving some in my book bag that was already stuffed. "I'm going to bed. Night." I mumbled under my books and heading for mine, Hermione, Pavarti, and Lavender's room. As I climbed the stairs I realized I forgot my box on the table. I try to fish out my wand, but then realized how ridiculous this was. I set my books in front of me and took out my wand, starting to get annoyed. "Wingardium Leviosa."

My books floated off the ground as I walked over to grab the box. Harry tried to grab it for me, but I grabbed it first. "Goodnight." I called stiffly, returning to my floating books. I "set" my books on my nightstand and sighed, sitting on my bed. Pavarti was in the bathroom and Lavender was still in the common room. I loosened my tie from around my neck and slipped off my robe, starting to get ready for bed.