88- Narrowhaven Part 1

Chapter Inspiration:

- Keep Holding On ~ Avril Lavigne

I leaned against the railing, a laidback smile on my face. The crew had made an arena for Caspian and Edmund and were cheering and shouting happily while watching the two duel. I watched both boys' form and was pleasantly surprised to find them very much improved since the last time I watched them. It was obvious that Caspian had been practicing, but Edmund was holding his own quite well.

Both were having a lot of fun, which was obvious from the playful smirks plastered on both boys' faces. Caspian swung at Edmund's head, but he ducked before it could decapitate him. Ed then threw a blow at Caspian's feet, hoping to knock him off his feet, but was unsuccessful because Caspian jumped over the blade as easy as one would jump rope.

Their swords clashed, leaving them both in a strong stance. They had the blades meet once more before both had their sword at each other's neck. A draw. Everyone clapped politely, dispersing when Drinian, the Captain, yelled, "Alright, back to work!" Caspian clapped Edmund on the back and grinned, "You've grown stronger, my friend." Edmund squinted to look at his sparring partner. "Seems I have."

As Edmund walked towards us, a crew member handed Ed a goblet full of fresh water. "Your Highness." Edmund accepted it with a smile and said, "Oh, thank you." As he gulped down the water hastily, he walked towards us. I beamed at him as he rested himself next to me on the railing. I patted his shoulder and praised, "That was an excellent duel. Your form has gotten even better somehow."

He snorted, accepting my praise. Lucy, sat on a couple of barrels, leaned over and asked, "Edmund, do you think that if we just keep sailing to the end of the world, that we'll just...tip off the edge?" I frowned, waiting for Edmund's answer before putting in my own opinion. Ed only replied reassuringly, "Don't worry, Lu. We're a long way from there."

Personally, I thought that Lucy's theory was bullcrap. Though I hadn't checked, I was quite positive that this world was sphere-shaped, like Earth. Maybe it would be a good idea to check. Just to be sure. Suddenly, the hatch opened and Eustace popped out. "Oh, great. And today was just seeming to be wonderful." I grumbled. Edmund belted out a laugh as his cousin sulked over.

"I see you're still talking nonsense the two of you." he snapped. I raised an eyebrow, hearing Ed mumble an, "Uh oh." I crossed my arms and stalked in front of this already irritating person. "I'm sorry, you must have eye problems because I'm sitting here, too. Laurel's the name, but I'm not gonna lie and say it's a pleasure to meet you because it isn't."

Eustace stared at me. "And I should care because?" I looked at Lucy and Ed, making them aware of what I was about to say. Lucy started laughing, trying to cover it with her hand. Edmund looked ready to die laughing. Eustace looked from them to me, nervous. "You should care, because I'm dating their brother Peter, so you'll be seeing me unfortuantely a lot."

The two Pevensies burst out laughing at Eustace's shocked expression. I smirked, finding my job done. When Lucy had sobered, she asked, "Are you feeling better?" He crossed his arms moodily and snapped, "Yes, no thanks to you. It's lucky I have an iron constitution." I raised an eyebrow, sharing a look with Lucy.

Reepicheep hopped up onto the railing next to my elbow and commented, "As effervescent as ever, I see. Find your sea legs?" Eustace held his nose up high and remarked, "Never lost them. Just dealing with the shock of things. Mother says I have an acute disposition due to my intelligence." Edmund started coughing, laughing while drinking water.

"I don't think he has 'a cute' anything." Reepicheep said, confused. Lucy and I snickered quietly. Eustace, fed up with being laughed at, announced, "I'll have you know that as soon as we find civilization, I'm contacting the British Consul. Have you all arrested for kidnapping." As he tried to walk away, he ran right into an amused Caspian.