15- Caught

Chapter Inspiration:

- Gotta Get Out ~ Five Seconds of Summer

- Firework ~ Katy Perry

A Few Weeks Later

Today was the day. Actually, correction: Now was the day. We sat in the Great Hall in rows and columns. Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat in front of me in that order. We were taking our Charms OWLs. Umbridge sat up on Dumbledore's chair and watched us.

It was kinda creepy.

I was finishing up when I heard a sound come from the hallway. Apparently everyone heard it, because everyone lifted her heads and eyes from their papers and looked at the doorway. Umbridge got up and walked down an aisle.

Her kitten heels echoed throughout the room. She peeked out into the hallway to see nothing. Then Fred and George zoomed by on their broomsticks. They'd broken into the shed Umbridge had locked! They flew through the room, knocking all our papers away, while throwing fireworks into the air.

I grinned widely at Fred as he sent mini fireworks in front of our faces. I loved their creativity, even if they got in trouble. A spark flew in front of Goyle's face, which he squatted away. It hit Crabbe in the butt, sending him running.

I thought that was hilarious, but I hadn't seen everything. A firework was about to hit Draco, who was up against the wall. The look on his face: priceless. What was even better was when he moved out of the way, the firework imitated his face. I've never laughed so hard.

The twins hovered above us, holding something up. I was excited to see it because they kept looking at Umbridge. "Ready when you are." Fred yelled over the fireworks. "Here you go." George grinned maniacally.

He threw it in the air, sending off lots of fireworks. Then, it created the face of a dragon. Umbridge's face was even better than Malfoy's. She ran out as the dragon chased her, snapping its jaw. It finally shut when she was at the doorway.

Lots of fireworks went off again. Then, all at once, Umbridge's rules fell from their spots. Shattering and slicing up into shreds. The twins flew out of the room, making all of us follow them. We went to the courtyard and watched them fly away.

We cheered and clapped as a bright orange 'w' appeared in the sky. We were still clapping when I noticed Harry sit down. It hit me next all at once, I was lucky that I was still standing.

An image came to mind. It was dark until Voldemort came into view. He was circling someone who was tied up to a chair. My heart almost stopped. It was Sirius. "I need that prophecy." he sneered. "You’ll have to kill me." Sirius breathed, sweat running down his face.

"Oh, I will. But first, you will fetch it for me. Crucio." He pointed his wand at my friend. He groaned in pain. "Crucio." Voldemort repeated.

The image disappeared and I turned around to face Harry. He looked scared. I bent down next to him and nodded, to tell him that I saw it too. Hermione was suddenly next to me, crouching down. "Sirius." He told her.

He bolted into the castle. I ran after him, knowing that Ron and Hermione were behind me. "Harry slow down!" I called. I was fast, but I said it because Hermione and Ron were falling behind. He stopped and turned around, fidgeting. "Calm down. Just breathe." I instructed, trying it myself.

To be honest, I was pretty freaked out myself. How the hell had Voldemort gotten to Sirius? When they had caught up, Harry started to run up the stairs two at a time. "Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked skeptical.

"I saw it and so did Laurel. It’s just like with Mr. Weasley. It’s the door I’ve been dreaming about. I couldn’t remember where I’d seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn’t have the last time, in the Department of Mysteries."

That explained the door I saw in the Mr. Weasley dream, but what was in the Department of Mysteries? Then it clicked. The wall of crystal balls were prophecies and he needed one on row 97. That was the weapon Voldemort needed and he meant Harry to see that to lure him to get it. It was a trap.

I stopped walking, stopping Hermione and Ron too. "Harry, please, just listen. What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he’s only hurting Sirius because he’s trying to get to you?" He turned around and looked at me.

"What if he is? I’m supposed to just let him die? Laurel, he’s the only family I’ve got left." I sighed. There was no changing his mind now. I would just have to be cautious and protective. "What do we do?" Ron asked.

Harry climbed the next staircase. "We’ll have to use the Floo Network." Hermione frowned. "Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance." Harry shook his head, still climbing. "Not all of them." He turned the corner and I knew where we were headed.

Umbridge's office.

Harry dug out his wand and shoved it in the door. "Alohomora." The lock unclicked. He swung it open to find it empty. She still must be dealing with the Weasley twins' little stunt. Harry sat in front of the fireplace. "Alert the Order if you can."

I was slightly offended. Did he really think that he was going to do this alone? Like hell. "Are you mental? We’re going with you." I retorted coldly. He looked up at me giving me a sympathetic look. "It’s too dangerous."

"Harry James Potter, I am not some screwed up damsel in distress who can't handle anything for themselves. I can manage, and so can Ron and Hermione." I yelled at him.

"We’re in this together." Hermione agreed. "That you are." A familiar voice screeched. A sick feeling overcame my stomach.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

~

My wand was taken from me and a Slytherin girl on the Inquisitorial Squad held her own wand against my neck, holding my arms behind my back. I really wanted to punch her and then turn into a tiger and rip Umbridge to shreds. Ron and Hermione were unfortunately in my same position.

What amazed me was Luna, Neville, and Ginny being shoved through the door, being held by Slytherins as well. "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." Malfoy spat, holding Neville hostage. We were lined against the wall, able to watch Umbridge step toward Harry, who was wandless and tied to a chair.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren’t you?" She asked him. "No." He shook his head truthfully. She slapped him across the face. I growled lowly, scaring the Slytherin who was holding me hostage. "Liar." she snarled.

Snape strolled into the office. "You sent for me, headmistress?" Umbridge stepped away from Harry and faced the Potions master. "Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?" I felt my heart crawl to my throat.

We were in trouble if he had brought it. "I’m afraid you’ve used up all my stores interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison him…And I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. I cannot help you."

I shot him a grateful look. "He’s got Padfoot. He’s got Padfoot at the place where it’s hidden." Harry spoke up to Snape. I saw what he was doing, feeling a surge of hope. I added, "Alert the bird, we'll hold him off."

"What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What bird? What are they talking about, Snape?" Umbridge asked extremely fast. Snape was either really good at hiding his emotions or he thought the pair of us were mad. "No idea." He said, then striding away.

Umbridge turned back to Harry. "Very well. You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security you leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue." My eyes widened.

"That’s illegal." Hermione told the toad. She placed the picture of Fudge down on her desk. "What Cornelius doesn’t know won’t hurt him." She raised her wand, but stopped when Hermione cut her off.

"Tell her, Harry!" Umbridge turned to Hermione, still holding her wand to Harry. "Tell me what?" "Well, if you won’t tell her where it is…I will." Hermione looked pained. What was she talking about? "Where what is?" Umbridge pressed.

Hermione took a deep breath. "Dumbledore’s secret weapon."