99- Cat and Mouse

I am so sorry it took so long. I have literally been working on this since I posted the last chapter, but this one took a looooong time to write because it's soooooo long. Enjoy it because....

There's exactly TEN more chapters. *starts hyperventilating* WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!?! I don't want this story to end. *cries*

Okay, okay. I need to calm down. Ten is better than two. *stops breathing in paper bag* Okaaaay. Enjoy this fluffy, fun chapter! There's gonna be some faces we haven't seen in a while and it's about to get a bit crossovery again. 😏 Man did I miss them! Ciao my wonderful lovelies! xx

Chapter Inspiration:

- Chasing Cars ~ Snow Patrol

I woke up the next morning on the couch, entangled with Peter, and dead tired. Our movie marathon lasted until two in the morning, but we must've fallen asleep a little before that. I looked up to see him still asleep, with a slight smile on his face. Smiling widely, I pecked his cheek and rose from the couch, getting ready for the day.

When my friends asked me if I could show them how to use a sword or a bow, I was determined to actually show them. Though it may have taken a while to actually set a date, we were finally going to start. I changed into a lavender t-shirt and a pair of black and white athletic shorts. It was strange to wear this type of clothes to something like this, but I decided to roll with it. Just as I was brushing through my tangles curls, my phone buzzed.

Jumping, I walked over to it and picked it up. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw that it was Hermione.

Hey Laurel, sorry to bother you at eight in the morning, but I was wondering what I should wear for today. 😅

Hi Hermione! You could never bother me. 😉 For today, I would advise you to wear what you'd normally wear to work out. Just comfy clothes. 😃

.....Laurel I don't work out.....

I chuckled and looked through the closet, picking out a few things.

Silly me! 😝 Hang on, I'm coming over.

Okay. 😑

Still laughing, I thought hard on Hermione's bedroom and envisioned as much as I remembered, which wasn't much because I had only been there once or twice. I Disapparated.

My feet touched carpet in a heartbeat and sent me stumbling. I blinked a couple times to get my eyes to focus. Hermione was sitting on her bed, tapping her fingers on her leg. I don't think she noticed that she was making her books on her bedside table float.

When she noticed me, she shot up from the bed. "Hey." She breathed, running her fingers through her hair. I raised my eyebrows. "Hey. What's the matter? You look freaked out? I can't remember the last time Hermione Jean Granger was freaked out."

She let out a sigh. "I'm not freaked out. I just don't know what to expect from this and you know I don't like not knowing something. I want to do it, I'm not saying I don't! I'm...I'm just nervous." I plopped down on her bed. "Hey, don't stress over it. This is just a fun activity. There is, for once, no grade. Now here, I chose a few options that would look good on you." Hermione fingered the clothing, a small smile blooming on her face. "Thanks, Laure." I grinned. "Anytime. See you in a bit." With that, I Disapparated back home.

Stumbling into the bedroom, I looked up to see Peter looking a tad annoyed, but mainly relieved. Of course, then the relief was shadowed by the annoyance. "Where the hell were you?" I bit my lip. "Hermione's. Needed some help with a thing."