63- Rescued

Chapter Inspiration:

- Timber ~ Pitbull ft. Ke$ha (When you read this chapter, you'll see why I put this on here. xD)

That Telmarine bastard was still tailing me. I had gotten rid of the other hours ago, but this one was just trailing after me. I had no time to stop and try to shoot him; I literally kept running until nine a.m. I've never run so fast or for so long. He was far away, but still persuing me. Finally having enough, I stopped running and drew my bow.

When he turned the corner of a tree, I fired. He flew backwards as the arrow dug into his chest and landed in a heap, unmoving. Panting, I shoved my bow back into my quiver and walked forward. My breathing heavy, I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at my surroundings.

I was about three miles from Cair Paravel and maybe five from the cliffs that rose over the Great River. I started for the River, needing to cool down. Ahead, I could see the edge of the cliffs through tree branches in my way.

I moved past them and was just near the edge when the sound of twigs snapping sounded loudly. I jerked around and saw another Telmarine standing there with a sword drawn. "You have got to be shitting me." I groaned.

I drew Fortis and furrowed my eyebrows. I stared at him for a moment and took in his odd appearence. "Why are you soaking wet?" "Jumped overboard when some band of oddly dressed children came and saved a sentenced prisoner. Wait a minute! You're that runaway!" He grumbled, drawing his own sword. My eyes widened. Prisoner? Oddly dressed band of children?

Blood roared in my ears as my heart started doing mini flips over and over. I knew getting my hopes up was ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. The Telmarine jumped forward with his sword and swung at me. I jumped backwards, thanks to my reflexes, and ducked the swing.

I kicked him in the gut and shoved him backwards. He swung his sword and hit my boot. I winced, feeling pain in my left ankle. My sword danced swiftly, sending hard blows at him. Blood seeped through his clothes as I sliced a wide arc across his chest.

He crumpled to the ground near my feet. Sheathing Fortis, I stepped back with my hand clutching my bag. Rock crumbled beneath my feet and I fell off the cliffs. I hadn't realized how close we had gotten. My quiver and bag caught a tree branch as I fell, jerking my body in a painful way. I was too winded to scream as I plummeted.

I plunged into the freezing cold water and my left foot hit the shallow, rocky bottom hard. It might be sprained. I tried to swim upward but I was caught on something. My lungs cried for air, but I couldn't supply it. Suddenly, a figure swam towards me and wrapped their arms under my knees and the small of my back.

They pushed off the ground and pulled us above the water. I coughed and gasped for air while trying to dispel the water from my lungs. I wiped my eyes and looked at my rescuer. My heart stopped and exploded at the same time. My mind drew a blank. All I could do was whisper, "Peter."

Yes, in the Great River, I, Laurel Collins, was being held in the arms of Peter Pevensie himself.

~

Earlier in Third POV

Peter held the boat steady as his siblings and Trumpkin hopped in. He maneuvered over Ed, who was at the end of the boat, and sat down at the oars position. Peter wanted to smile or laugh or shout with joy. He was back in Narnia with his siblings.

But coming back to Cair Paravel, where they ended up being at, to find it in ruins wasn't exactly the welcome party he'd been hoping for. It angered him that his home had been destroyed and invaded, leaving his people to be exiled. What angered him the most was that he hadn't been there to prevent this from happening. They'd rescued Trumpkin, a Red Dwarf, which helped slightly. At least the Old Narnians weren't extinct. But the Telmarines had taken over 1300 years ago according to Trumpkin.