53- Missed

So I'm bored and aching to get to PC faster. Sorry for the shortish chapter. Enjoy.

Chapter Inspiration:

- You'll Be In My Heart ~ Tarzan (Original Broadway Musical)

- Warning Sign ~ Coldplay

I walked back to the common room dizzy and sick. My hands continued to shake, that's how long the torture lasted. My face was splattered with purple and yellow bruises. My wrists, ankles, and waist covered in a thin line of blood, dry and new.

Never in my life have I ever felt so exhausted. Even when I was training in Narnia, I had some energy most of the time. Neville walked forward and was looking at me in concern. "What happened?" I panted and got out, "Snape."

He shook his head in disgust and called out to Ginny to help him. They helped me up the stairs and to my bed. Just as my head hit the pillow, I murmured, "Thanks." I was out like a light. But that didn't stop the nightmares.

I sat on a green and yellow battlefield and looked around. I was watching the Siege of Cair Paravel. Great. I watched as Mr. Tumnus, Oreius, and myself continued to battle Telmarines. I saw a Narnian in trouble and ran to help, but was stopped by an invisible force.

I pounded on the barrier, but it was no use. I tried to pop it, but that didn't work either. "LOOK OUT!" I screeched. The Narnian didn't hear me and was stabbed, keeling over. I felt sick to my stomach. I've seen hundreds of men die, heck, I've killed hundreds, but that didn't make watching it any easier.

The scene changed finally changed a few minutes later and I was looking at a house I didn't recognize. My eyes widened when I realized I was out in an unfamiliar part of England. It's been several months since I've been in the Muggle world. I walked towards the house and peeked my head into the view of the window, only to find a curtain blocking my view.

I huffed and went to the door. I raised a fist to knock, only to find the door cracked open. My eyes widened. This was too weird. But something, maybe a force, made me want to go inside, see who was in there.

Following my urges, I pushed the door open and walked around. It was a clean, polished house. Like someone had a lot of time to dust everything regularly. I heard quiet conversation in another room and turned the corner, only to feel my heart stop.

At a rather large kitchen sat the Pevensies. I had to blink a couple times to take in their appearances. They all looked a bit older than they did when they first arrived in Narnia. I was so used to seeing their adult appearances I flinched, forgetting how young Lucy was.

My gaze was drawn to Peter, who was quietly dipping peas into his mashed potatoes. "Peter, dear. You have barely touched your dinner. Are you feeling alright?" His mother commented. She looked a lot like Susan, same dark hair, but had Ed's brown eyes. Peter looked up and gave her a fake smile. It seemed to fool everyone, but I could see right through it. What was bothering him so much? Was he homesick for Narnia?

"Nothing, Mum. I had a large lunch." he lied. He excused himself and walked upstairs. For some reason, I trailed after him, hoping maybe I could talk to him...if he could even see me. Probably not. This seemed to be a memory from as recent as a few hours ago. As he passed me, his smell blew by me.

I leaned against the nearest wall involuntarily. Oh, how intoxicating he was. As I went up the stairs, I thought back to the vow I made when I was trapped in the dungeons. I swear by the Mane that if I ever come across the Pevensies again I will make amends with them and try to give myself a chance with Peter.

I was planning to stick to that vow. I slid through the door and looked around his room. Smiling, I read through the spines of books he had laying around. And there was a lot of books. A heard a huff and turned to see Peter laying on his bed.

He stared at the ceiling with a scowl. "Why Aslan, did you have to make us go back? Things were actually going okay. The kingdom was good and relations weren't bad. And Laurel..." My breath inhaled sharply at the sound of my name.

"I thought I might have been cracking at her armor. Almost to the point where I could've found the chink. She probably hates me now for leaving her and Tumnus to run Narnia. By your Mane, I bet she's going through hell. All because of me."

My heart ached for him. If anyone should hate anyone it should be you hating me. I'm the one who left Narnia when I lost it to the Telmarines. And it's also not your fault my life is hell right now. I miss you. The door opened behind me and Lucy walked in. Peter sat up and smiled weakly at her. "Hey Lu." She sighed and sat next to him. "I miss Narnia, too. I hope Laurel and Mr. Tumnus are doing alright." My chest contracted at her words.

Wait until she finds out what a weak and horrible person I am. Peter shook his head. "I miss her. Even if she was extremely distant." Peter's words made my heart speed up and hope run through my veins. He missed me?!

More than anything, I wanted to feel my lips against his, be able to call him mine. There didn't have to be a barrier this time, I already felt separated from them. Lucy put her small hand on his. "I know. I do, too." The scene started to fade away and my conscious went into panic mode.

"NO! PETER! LUCY!" I shot up and looked around, covered in sweat and dry blood. Although they were dreams, I felt even more hallow than before. What is my life? I hurried to the shower and washed off any traces of sweat or blood. The rope burns were still there, but would fade in a few hours. I got dressed and braced myself for the hell of classes.