94- Ramandu's Island

Sorry I've taken so long to update I've just been stuck on chapter 97 with writer's block and it sucks majorly.

Btw I hate James Dashner with a burning passion. The tears on my face mourn my favorite character of the series. Curse him! Now I'm going to have to write an AU fanfic with them not dying!

Good news! I'm adding more books to my series in the future! 😄 I've been thinking up more prompts for books and I wanna include them. Also, the Ed/OC I have planned (going to be called Drifted) will not be the sequel. Now don't worry, I'm still gonna do the book, just not next.

I have a little something cooked up for the sequel, but I'm not telling what it is. 😛 If you want to see the order of the books, it's on my profile page!

Chapter Inspiration:

- Keep Holding On ~ Avril Lavigne

I was woken up the next morning morning by Lucy shouting, "Everybody! Everybody, wake up! It's the Blue Star!" I rubbed my eyes and did as told. In the beautifully-colored sky with the sunrise, was indeed a bright blue star. Quickly, we all gathered out things and rowed our way back to the Dawn Treader, with the exception Eustace and Reepicheep flying above us.

By noon, the sun was high above us yet the Blue Star continued to glow. But a problem had arisen around this time. "The wind has left us." Drinian explained. "So how do we get to Ramandu's Island now then?" Edmund asked. As he walked up the stairs back to the wheel, he drawled, "My guess is that something doesn't want us to get there." And so I stood with Ed on the deck, pondering our situation.

The day continued on and a solution to our problem still hadn't shown itself. I sat on the deck, searching through a few spell books I happened to have, seeing if there was any spell I could use to summon wind. "If I get any hungrier, I'm gonna eat that dragon!" A man threatened. Eustace glowered down at us, fear billowing in his bright blue eyes. "Don't worry, Eustace! They'll have to get through me first!" I heard Reepicheep assure.

If I knew Reep, which I did, I didn't doubt that he'd put himself between the crew and Eustace. And I knew I would stand with Reepicheep if it came to it. "If we don't find land tonight, they may well eat that dragon." Drinian commented.

A sudden jerk sent all of us to the ground, startling us as well. I shot up from the ground, my hand on my sword's hilt, aching to be used. "What did we hit?" Edmund leaned over the side of the ship. He grinned, shouting, "Eustace, that's brilliant!" I peeked out to see Eustace's tail wrapped around the dragon front, pulling the ship as his wings flapped wildly. I smiled, joining in with the cheering for him.

Reepicheep climbed off of Eustace and stood on the wooden dragon's head, his sword raised while he crowed, "Onward, ho!"

~

I was in Caspian's cabin with him and Edmund. Caspian sat at the desk with the swords laid out in front of him while Ed was leaning against the balcony, hopefully getting some sun on that pale face of his. He was just as vampiric-looking as I was! Caspian picked up one of the swords, saying, "We can't even be sure the other lords even made it to Ramandu's island."

I shrugged. "Well, where else could they be? We've followed the same course they did and have been extremely thorough." He looked up at me with a weary, doubtful tone. "How do we know they weren't tempted, too?" I studied his face and then Edmund's, seeing how haunted they were by the memory of theirs. I sighed and sat down across from Caspian. Ed came in and sat down next to me. "Maybe this is all part of the test. Remember what Coriakin said. Seek the Blue Star. Stay true to its course. Never yield and never falter. They were tempted." I pointed to the swords on the table. "And they faltered."