109- Epilogue

This is soooooooo sad. I don't want this to end. I just want to thank all of you wonderful people for reading this story and giving me feedback and putting up with my ridiculously sporadic updating schedule. (lol sorry about that.)

Thank you all so much and I hope you enjoy this last chapter. *blows nose in a tissue* I think you'll really like what I've come up with. It's a nice ending with oodles of hugging. :)) Sorry for any spelling mistakes. I'll go back and fix those at a reasonable hour lol.

Also, I hope you continue on to read the sequel, which I'll be writing. I know not all of you will read it (and I totally understand), but just know I got a lot if ideas up my sleeve for it. ;)

Alright, ciao guys. xx

Chapter Inspiration:

- Temporary Home ~ Carrie Underwood

- See You Again ~ Carrie Underwood

- Epilogue ~ Les Misérables Cast (2012)

- 1000 Years ~ Christina Perri

- Good In Goodbye ~ Carrie Underwood

- Never Say Never ~ The Fray

2101

I looked up from my book and smiled. Peter, Tessa, Josh, and Paige stood there, looking at me. My children. I smiled warmly and beckoned them to me. They all wore solemn expressions as they pulled up their chairs around my bedside. I put my book down and looked at them all. Paige's chin was wobbling and I knew she was going to start crying. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "Don't cry, sweetheart. It's alright."

She shook her head, her brown hair flying in front of her face. She looked like a little girl again. "Nothing is alright. Mum, we can't lose you. First it was Dad, now you. Please don't go." I swallowed hard at the thought of Jamie, my husband. He had died five years ago at ninety-seven, which was older than most. I smiled again at her and at the rest of my children.

"I know it's hard to accept, but it's time. I've been away from everyone for so long. It's starting to weigh down on me. One day you'll understand. Just know that I love you all very much." Peter reached forward and grabbed my arm, his blue eyes watery. "Mum." I looked over at him and smiled at my firstborn, placing my hand on his cheek. "I know, Pete."

He looked so much like the Peter I had known as a young girl, it was frightening. He had blond hair, which was a bit unusual because neither Jamie or I had blond hair. Secretly, I suspected Aslan had something to do with it, but I always told people that he looked like Jamie's mum, which he did in a way. However, Peter's blue eyes weren't quite the same color as the other Peter's, more like my own eyes. I remembered crying sometimes at night because I saw such a resemblance between the two.

Tessa was leaning on Josh's shoulder, as if he was older instead of her. I smiled at the two of them, watching as Tessa started to cry. I rested my head against the pillow behind me. "I've lived for one hundred and sixteen years and it's starting to take a toll on me. I'm fading fast, but you already knew that." My children looked at me in alarm and I chuckled. They all thought that I was delusional now, too. "Mum, you're only one hundred and one." Josh said sadly.

I shook my head. "You forget, I lived in Narnia for fifteen years. I'm 116." I narrowed my eyes and Paige and Peter shared a nervous look. "I'm not losing my mind." They nodded, probably thinking otherwise but not wanting to argue. I had such wonderful children. My vision blurred and I could tell that the end was coming. It became hard to breathe and my kids were starting to panic. I shushed them, whispering, "It's alright. You'll be fine without me. I know you will do great things, hell you already have. Don't forget to say hello to my grandchildren for me."