The Shed

Slightly stoopid: I'm so stoned

I'm so stoned, and I'm free

so, so free

He sat on one end of the bed, and she sat on the other.

He passed her the pipe and the lighter, and she lit it, inhaling the herby smoke, watching as it curled away, mingling with the smoke from the incense he'd lit before.

She was nervous that she'd hit it too hard and make a dick of herself, but then she relaxed after a few seconds, letting the music flow though her.  Something was playing, something reggae, but it wasn't Bob Marley.  She liked it.

He asked her what her natural hair colour was.  She told him it was light brown.  He asked how she got it such a light shade of purple.  She told him lots of bleach.  He told her he liked it.

She stared at the mandala, studying the intricate design. 

She stared at the plywood wall, following the lines and knots in the wood that were showing through the coat of paint.

She gazed up at the dream catchers, following the feathers as the breeze through the window stirred them.

She looked across at him, smiling when she saw he was already watching her.

She asked if he had bad dreams, sometimes.  He told her he didn't anymore.  He asked her if she does.  She said she did, sometimes.

He told her how, as a kid, he'd learned that some people thought bad dreams could be the minds way of dealing with bad energy.  He explained that life's experiences were like a form of energy, and whatever you focused on was the type of energy you absorbed.

If you focus on the bad, then the bad energy would enter your body.

If you focused on the good, then the good energy would flow through you.

She asked what happened if both energies entered your body.

He said it means there's a balance, as long as one didn't win over the other, you'd be fine.

She asked why wouldn't we want the good to win, and he said everything needed a balance, or we would burn out.  You needed bad to appreciate how good the good really was.

She asked where he'd heard that from, but he couldn't remember.  He forgot where he was going with the conversation, and they both started laughing, then they forgot what they were even laughing at.

She glanced behind him and saw the frogs, and started laughing so hard that she couldn't even explain to him what it was.  She could only point.  He turned to see and started laughing again, too.

What a pair of silly fools.