Dented

It rained again, tonight, not heavy, like the other day, just a fine, gentle mist falling from the clouds, hissing on the dying embers of the fire.  Kyra and I sat in the open doorway to the shed, watching it as it fell in delicate, wispy sheets to the earth.

I knew he knew something was up with me, he'd asked me again, after dinner, if I was okay, pointing out that I was being really quiet.  I told him I was just tired.  He still seemed worried, but he didn't pester me, at least.

He'd taken me in that afternoon to pick up my car from the shop.  As I'd expected, it had cost a heap, but Edgy had managed to pull some strings and got me a really nice discount, which I was super grateful for.

I was glaring at it though the rain, sitting there, like the unreliable, dented, breaking down jerk that it was.  But, I couldn't hate it too much, because, if it wasn't an unreliable, dented, breaking down jerk, then I never would have met Kyra.

So, I guess I kind of owed it, in a way.

Pitty about the dent in my bank account, though.

"What are you glaring at?"  Kyra chuckled, kissing my cheek.

"Stupid, bloody, old faithful, over there," I responded, continuing to glare at the car.  "We should burn the stupid thing."

"Not after you just spent all that money to have it fixed," he laughed, pulling me a little closer as a cool breeze blew though us.  "We should have done that before."

"I should have thought of that," I agreed.  "We could have made a massive bonfire with it."

"Offered up a virgin sacrifice," he agreed, his eyes sparkling.

"Are you volunteering, Kyra?"  I smirked up at him, finally looking away from the car, to his appalled expression.

"Hey," he argued, indignantly, "I'm not even a virgin."

"Your hand doesn't count," I laughed, ignoring his glare.

"It does so," he grumbled, and I giggled as he poked me in the ribs.

"Hey, Ash, didn't we find out that you were ticklish?"  He asked suddenly, offhanded.

"No," I lied, but he quickly established that we did, ignoring as I screamed and begged him to stop, trying to squirm away from him, but he was merciless.