Sweetness

The absence of light was sudden, caught between the illuminated house and the safety of the shed.  I dashed across the short space, not liking the sudden darkness that I was shrouded in.

My hair was still wet, but the warm shower had been soothing and I couldn't feel the cold anymore.

Kyra was waiting in bed for me, leaning on his arm when I shut the door behind me, locking out the monsters creeping about the shadows. I smiled sheepishly, because I knew that he knew I was running. His smirk confirmed it, but he didn't comment, at least.

He didn't even wait for me to settle, after I climbed under the blankets. He put his arms around me and pulled me into him. It tickled, but I was sure he did that on purpose. I knew I sounded like a total dork, giggling like a little girl, but I didnt care.

He brushed my damp hair back from my face and brought his mouth down over mine, and I tasted his salty sweetness, the ocean mixed with something else that was all him, loving the way his fingers felt as he tangled them in my hair and ran them up and down my sides.

We kissed for ages, and I would have for even longer, but, after a while, he pulled away, which was probably a good thing, really, considering how intense it had started to get, how curious our hands had gotten. Now, we just lay there together, catching our breath. He was watching me, his eyes alight and sparkling even more than normal, and I smiled as he trailed his thumb over my bottom lip.

He smiled and I returned it, then he turned out the light, letting the dark spill over us.

He brushed a soft kiss over my mouth once more before murmuring goodnight, and I nestled up to him to sleep. I don't even remember thinking about anything like I normally do before I fall asleep, because I was out like a light.