Where He Won't Let Fate Control Him

Stick Figure: Weary Eyes

 And a wise man knows, nothing lasts forever

Let the truth unfold, we're better off together  

Kyra was only vaguely aware of Caleb saying his name, his mind wandering again.  He snapped back when Edgy nudged him to get his attention.

"What?"

"You're still sooking over her, aren't you?"  Caleb fixed him with a disapproving scowl.

"No."

"Sure, man."  Edgy glanced at Caleb, raising an eyebrow.

Neither of them wanted to say it, but they were worried about him.  Since Ash had gone, he'd been a shadow of himself.  He barely spoke, or ate, he had barely been to the beach.  He just stayed in the shed smoking, sleeping, doing nothing.

"So, she said nothing, before she went?"  Caleb wondered, and Kyra shrugged, his gaze focused on the table top.

"She left me a note," he said quietly.  "It just said thanks, and that she's sorry she didn't say goodbye because she couldn't explain everything."

They were both silent for a moment, and Caleb slapped him on the back, trying to offer some sort of comfort.

"Harsh, dude."

"Chicks are weird, man," Edgy agreed.

Kyra nodded and crossed his arms on the table top, staring miserably at the grain.

"You really liked her, didn't you?"  Caleb said, after a moment.

"Yeah."

"So, you're just gonna sit here and feel sorry for yourself?"

Kyra sat up, glancing between them.

"Probably," he answered, feeling annoyed at them both.  Like they'd understand; their girls actually stuck around for them.

"Go and find her," Caleb told him, but he shook his head.

"She'll be home, by now."

"Then, where's home?"  Edgy asked, catching on, but Kyra shrugged.

"I don't know," he admitted.  "I only know where she works."

"Then go there," Caleb told him.  "Find her, and tell her she's a bitch for leaving you."

"I'm not gonna tell her that," he argued.

"Why not?"

"Because she's not a bitch," he explained.  "She was aloud to leave, I don't own her."

Neither of them replied, they both just sat there staring at him and he glanced between them both, confused.

"What?"

"Go and find her, you fucking pussy."